The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
As part of our foam and upholstery range, F40 Glue is a web spray adhesive is suitable for use on: carpet tile, thin fabric, thick fabric and foam applications.TensorGrip ® F40 is a highly aggressive adhesive for all demanding foam, fabric, upholstery and carpet applications, it is a non-chlorinated, high solids, synthetic rubber spray grade, multi-purpose adhesive and comes in a canister.
This adhesive is designed for versatility with a long open time and high tack level with excellent strength for bonding a wide variety of substrates including:
- and other similar applications
F40 can also be used as a tackifier for carpet tiles.
Canister Evacuation and Render Safe Procedure
Please use the following information when getting rid of an empty canister.
NOTE - Always direct valve outlet away from person during the following procedures
Step A. EVACUATION
- Ascertain from weight of canister whether empty of liquid residues
- If liquid residue is remaining, invert canister, open valve a minimal amount to allow gradual pressure release, leaving inverted until all pressure is released. Once pressure appears to be released, keeping inverted, gradually open valve fully, to ensure no blockage has occurred in valve, and ascertain evacuation complete.
- If empty of liquid, invert canister and fully open valve to release pressure, and ascertain evacuation complete.
- Once empty then proceed to part B to puncture them.
Step B. RENDER SAFE PUNCTURING
- Check, by feel, whether canister contains liquid residues. If yes, take additional care to avoid spillage during following operations.
- Place evacuated canister in fly press jaws. Base end forward.
- Close operator protective guard. Wind chisel point down until canister is fully pierced, then up to release. Remove canister from fly press.
- Alternatively, using a nail punch, puncture the bung on the canister neck (see image below)
- If canister contains liquid residues, and still pressurised pierce canister twice and then empty into appropriate bulk waste liquid container.
- Disposal via waste recycling provider.
Save when you buy in bulk
We offer bulk buying options with this spray glue adhesive. So the more you buy, the more you save.
Coverage information for this spray glue
This contact adhesive can cover an area up to 75M2.
Benefits of using this spray adhesive
This spray glue has many benefits. Some of this include:
- Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs) free
- Extremely high tack
- Excellent room temperature contact bonds
- Excellent green strength and good heat resistance
- Fast drying with long open time
Application uses for this spray glueFurther to this, this spray adhesive has excellent bond adhesion for a variety of materials including:
- Soft fabric
- Most hard plastics
- Insulation quilt
- Slab to most porous and non-porous substrates, e.g. plywood, MDF, chipboard, sheet metal, etc...
Directions to use this spray glue
This glue has been designed to be applied to two surfaces to be bonded together. Make sure that surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc...
For best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 60°F - 80°F (16°C - 27°C).
Use with adequate ventilation, and where possible we recommend shaking the canister well before using.Attach and secure hose tightly onto the spray gun (both sold separately - please see our starter kit above if required) with required tip. Then attach the other end of the hose onto the canister.
Make sure the hose-valve connections are securely tight. Open the valve on the canister slowly and fully, and check for leaks during this process.
Unlock the trigger on the spray gun to start spraying.
Prior to use, please check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate - as this product may degrade some substrates.
Spray about 10cm - 20cm (4 Inches – 8 inches) away at a 90° angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface. If necessary, spray another coat of adhesive in areas that appear to need more adhesive.
Spray both surfaces to be bonded, one surface vertically and the other surface horizontally and allow the adhesive to tack off until no adhesive transfers to the knuckle when touched.
Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure. A roller is recommended to apply a uniform pressure to achieve maximum strength (please see our spray accessories section if you require this), and allow 24 hours for the adhesive to fully cure.
If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with a solvent such as lacquer thinner or acetone. Do not use a pin on the spray tip orifice.
Canister storage and change over
To store or change the canister turn the valve on the canister into the off position, and spray out remaining adhesive left in the hose. Then disconnect the spray hose and gun from the canister.
At this point reconnect the spray hose to a canister of cleaning solvent (sold separately) and spray out until liquid is clear which indicates that the hose and gun is clean. If you choose to leave the hose and spray gun on the canister, leave the valve on the canister open. Do not disconnect the hose / gun from the canister, and close and lock the spray gun.
When TensorGrip® F40 is used within articles which include enclosed spaces (i.e. Encapsulated / Pocket Sprung Mattresses), a reaction can occasionally be created between the Flammable Gas (Adhesive propellant), Trapped Air (Inside the article) and Static Electricity. Static build-up is a natural phenomenon (caused by friction between the foam and fast-moving production surfaces – usually with metal contact), which then builds up within the production article. In extremely rare circumstances, it has been noticed that this reaction creates a visible vapour within the object article and can result in charring effect on upholstery fabric in extreme conditions. In order to completely remove the possibility of any such reaction and to enhance the Health and Safety experience of all operators, it is highly recommended that any metal production surfaces, automated production lines and all operators are earthed by means of a strap in contact with the ground at all times during the production process.
For optimum results store canister above 18°C during use; but, it must always be above 10°C. Allow substrates to acclimatise to normal room temperature (18°C) for 48 hours before bonding. Do not exceed the open time of the adhesive. Keep canister off cold concrete floors during use. If the adhesive is expelled wet or as a jet, the canister is too cold – move to a warm environment and allow to thoroughly acclimatise before reusing.
- Use only in well ventilated areas
- DO NOT thin or reactivate with solvents
- DO NOT incinerate
- DO NOT expose to extreme heat over 50°C
- Keep away from sources of ignition
- Release pressure before disconnecting hose
- Test for suitability before use
MSDS and Technical Data Sheets MUST be read and understood before use. The information contained in this technical literature is believed to be accurate and offered in good faith for the benefit of the consumer. The company, however, cannot assume any liability or risk involved in the use of its chemical products since the conditions of use are beyond our control. Statements concerning the possible use of our products are not intended as recommendations to infringe on any patent.
|The technical data contained herein is based on our present knowledge and experience and we cannot be held liable for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions or editorial failings that result from technological changes or research between the date of issue of this document and the date the product is acquired. Before using the product, the user should carry out any necessary tests in order to ensure that the product is suitable for the intended application. Moreover, all users should contact us for additional technical information concerning its use if they think that the information in their possession needs to be clarified in any way, whether for normal use or a specific application of this product. The information detailed is given by way of indication and is not exhaustive. The same applies to any information provided verbally by telephone to any prospective or existing customer.|
|Solids Content||30.0%+/- 2.0%|
|Viscosity||300 cps +/- 50 cps|
|Specific Gravity||0.66 to 0.70|
|Failure Temperature||> 95°C|
|Open time||1 hour|
|Colour||Clear or Red|
|Flammability||Flammable adhesive with a flammable propellant|
|Dry time||3-5 mins|
Storage and handling information
The following information is designed to enable you to get the most when you buy this spray adhesive.
- Consult Material Safety Data Sheet prior to use
- Do Not store at temperatures over 50°C
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight
- Do Not store directly on concrete floor
- For optimum performance, store at 18°C during use, but must always be above 10°C
- When connected, keep valve open and hose pressurised at all times
- Do Not close valve until ready to connect to new cylinder
- Release pressure in hose before disconnection
- Always test product to determine suitability for your particular application prior to use in production
Not sure if this spray adhesive is right for you?
If you are not if this contact adhesive tape is right for your individual requirements please do not hesitate to Contact our friendly sales team and we will be happy to help you.
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT) is only: £5.99
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is from only: £5.99
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is from only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If in the unfortunate event that your goods are damaged in transit - or are accepted by PSA Solutions as being faulty due to factors beyond our control - you will be advised to return such goods and a full refund may be offered should you not require replacement goods being dispatched to you. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. It is your responsibility to check the goods in the presence of the courier, and if required note when signing that goods have been damaged. Alternatively just a signature will confirm that goods have been received in good order and that thereafter refunds may not be considered. Please contact us if you do experience any difficulties and we will try our best to help you.
Product questions for our: Tuskbond Contact Spray Adhesive 500ml Snagging Cans (A different size of this product)
- Hi, Is the spray ideal for bonding foam together also is it ideal for bonding foam to wood Thank You David.
- Hi David, Yes both applications would be fine. Be sure to apply a layer of adhesive to both surfaces and then bring them together and apply pressure as the adhesive layers start to skin over - Ian, Product Support Manager
- we use acoustic panels made from semi rigid fibreglass and which to stick them to walls usually painted will this work and to what temperature? - Peter
- Hi Peter, Yes this should be fine, as long as you spray both surfaces and allow the adhesive to start skinning before bringing the surfaces together. This will withstand temperatures up to about 70°C. - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi Is this good to stick vinyl paper backed borders to painted walls? Is this a standalone can or would i need a gun to go with it? - Mark
- Hi Mark, Thank you for your enquiry. I would not recommend our Tuskbond adhesive for this application due to the solid content in the adhesive! This could possible result in an uneven surface once dry and may cause your border to discolour after a period of time. Our recommendation would be to use standard wallpaper paste - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi, I am looking for some spray contact adhesive to stick laminate to MDF. Normally I would use tuskbond canisters with a spray gun but as I am working on this as a small project rather than for work, I don't have the budget to buy the gun and 22l canister. what sprays can you recommend to get the job done? Thanks Sofia
- Hi Sofia, this product will be my recommendation for what you require - Ian, Product Support Manager
- I am looking at your Tuskbond heat resistant spray adhesive and you advertise it as Class 1 approved. Is this the highest fire rated spray adhesive you have or do you have others? - Julia (Live Chat)
- This is the highest we have currently julia. What is your application Julia? - Ian, Product Support Manager
- I want to glue fire rated fabric onto fire rated card. Do you have a certificate for this product to say it is compliant with Class 1? - Julia (Live Chat)
- Leave me your email address and i will get the tech info over to you this afternoon - Ian, Product Support Manager
Reviews for this product from confirmed past customers
To qualify to be added below, the reviewer must have purchased this product from us.
Great product 5 Sent from my iPhone
The following reviews are from other sizes of this product
Product reviews for our: Tuskbond Contact Spray Adhesive 500ml Snagging Cans (A different size of this product)
Its a great product, delivered promptly. Entirely satisfied!
Product reviews for our: Spray Adhesive Starter Kit - 17.5KG TensorGrip L40 | 12FT Hose & Spray Glue Gun (A different size of this product)
Great product 5 Sent from my iPhone
Product reviews for our: L40 Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Spray Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG (A different size of this product)
EXCELLENT service and product at the best price I could find
Product reviews for our: L17 Hi Temperature Resistant Web Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG - Class 1 Fire Rated (A different size of this product)
Hell of a good product, we fit white panel cladding , just going to order another cylinder. Love to be able to return the empty cylinders.