The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
TensorGrip® L40 is a 500ml can of fast-drying adhesive with good heat resistance, which is suitable for bonding various materials to: sheet timber, metal and some hard plastics.
The L40 TensorGrip spray glue is a top-of-the-line adhesive product that offers exceptional bonding strength and versatility for various applications. Whether you're a professional tradesperson or a DIY enthusiast, this spray glue is an indispensable tool you'll want in your toolkit.
Tacky Pressure-sensitive Glue
Its tacky pressure-sensitive properties make it ideal for foam, fabrics, fibrous materials, some hard plastics and many other porous and non-porous substrates (to which immediate permanent bonds can be achieved by double-sided applications).
Fast Drying Formula
One of the standout features of the L40 TensorGrip is its fast-drying formula, which allows for rapid assembly and bonding of various materials such as foam, plastics, metal, and fabric. Its unique formula also ensures a robust and long-lasting bond even under challenging conditions.
Low odour and low mist spray
Another great benefit of the L40 TensorGrip is its low odour and mist formulation, making it safe and pleasant to use in any workspace. Its non-chlorinated formula also makes it an eco-friendly and sustainable choice for environmentally conscious people.
Spray adhesive uses information
When it comes to this contact adhesive, it can be used to bond materials onto the following materials.
- Sheet timber
- Standard laminate
- Some hard plastics
- Fibrous materials
- Many other porous and non-porous substrates
Advantages of this spray adhesive
When it comes to this contact adhesive, it has many advantages. Some of those are:
- Good Heat Resistance
- High Solids
- Easy Application Control
The consistency of this contact adhesive is web-like.
|Viscosity||300 cps 25°C sp#2, 30r.p.m.|
|Colour||Clear or red|
|System Flammability||Flammable adhesive in flammable propellant|
|Shear||> 150 p.s.i.|
|Tensile (180° Peel)||> 25 p.l.i.|
|90° Peel (6.25 sq.cm)||> 25 p.s.i.|
|Shear adhesion failure temp. (SAFT) 100gram||> 105°C|
|Heat resistance (25mm / 100gram)||105°C<|
|Dry time||1-3 minutes dependant on temperature & humidity|
|Open time||340 minutes|
Contact canister storage and canister changeover instructions
Turn the valve on the canister into the off position to change over the canister, then spray out any remaining adhesive left in the hose.
Next, disconnect the spray hose and gun from the canister.
Reconnect the spray hose to a canister of cleaning solvent (sold separately) and spray out until the liquid is clear, indicating that the hose and gun are clean.
If you leave the hose and spray gun on the canister, leave the valve on the canister open and do not disconnect the hose & gun from the canister.
Close and lock the spray gun.
Handling & Storage Information
- Consult Material Safety Data Sheet before use
- DO NOT store at temperatures over 50°C
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight
- DO NOT store directly on a concrete floor
- For optimum performance, store at 18°C during use; but it must always be above 10°C
- When connected, keep the valve open and hose pressurised at all times
- DO NOT close the valve until ready to connect to the new cylinder
- Release pressure in hose before disconnection
- Always test the product to determine suitability for your particular application before use in production
How to use this contact spray adhesive
To use this adhesive effectively, this contact adhesive should be applied to two surfaces that require bonding. Optimal results are generally achieved when the temperature of both the adhesive and the surfaces intended for bonding is maintained between 60°F - 80°F (16°C - 27°C).
Use with adequate ventilation, and when possible, we recommend shaking the canister well before using it.
Attach and secure the hose tightly onto the spray gun with the required tip, and attach the other end of the hose to the canister.
Ensure the hose-valve connections are securely tight, and then open the valve on the canister slowly and fully, checking for leaks during this process. Then once open, unlock the trigger on the spray gun to start spraying. It's as simple as that.
Before use, please check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate; this glue may degrade some substrates.
- Make sure that surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc...
- Spray about 10-20 cm (4" - 8") away at a 90° angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface. If necessary, spray another coat of this adhesive in areas that appear to need more adhesive.
- Spray both surfaces to be bonded, one surface vertically and the other surface horizontally
- Allow 2 - 3 minutes for the adhesive to tack off until no adhesive transfers to the knuckle when touched.
- Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure.
- roller is recommended to apply a uniform pressure to achieve maximum strength.
- Allow 24 hours for the adhesive to cure fully.
- If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with a solvent such as lacquer thinner or acetone. Do not use a pin on the spray tip orifice
While all the information is derived from practical experience and shared in good faith, we can't accept liability for the results. This is due to our need for control over how our products are used or the specific conditions in which they operate.
Responsibility for ascertaining the suitability of products for their purposes rests with the purchaser.
All conditions, representations, statements, warranties or guarantees whatsoever, whether express, implied or statutory, in respect of any goods manufactured, sold or supplied by us are at this moment expressly excluded, and we accept no liability in respect of any claim for damage or consequential loss caused to any property arising directly or indirectly out of the use of our products or goods.
What types of materials can I bond with the L40 TensorGrip spray glue?
The L40 TensorGrip is suitable for connecting many materials, including foam, plastics, metal, fabric, and many more.
How long does it take for the L40 TensorGrip to dry?
The L40 TensorGrip has a fast-drying formula for rapid assembly and bonding. Depending on the bonded materials and environmental conditions, it typically dries in just a few minutes.
Is the L40 TensorGrip safe to use?
Yes, the L40 TensorGrip is a low-odour and low-mist formulation that is safe and pleasant to use in any workspace. It is also non-chlorinated and eco-friendly, making it a sustainable choice for environmentally conscious people.
Can I use the L40 TensorGrip on outdoor projects?
The L40 TensorGrip is not recommended for outdoor use as it may break down under prolonged exposure to sunlight and weather conditions.
How long does the bond created by the L40 TensorGrip last?
The L40 TensorGrip creates a durable bond that meets even the most challenging conditions. The bond's longevity depends on the types of materials bonded and the environment, but it typically lasts for several years.
How do I clean up the L40 TensorGrip after use?
The L40 TensorGrip can be easily cleaned up using solvents such as acetone or mineral spirits. It's important to follow all safety precautions when working with solvents and to dispose of them properly.
Can I reposition the materials once I've bonded them with the L40 TensorGrip?
With its fast-drying formula, the L40 TensorGrip makes repositioning bonded materials a challenge. Therefore, it's advisable to meticulously align the materials before bonding them to secure a proper fit.
How do I store the L40 TensorGrip?
The L40 TensorGrip should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from heat sources and direct sunlight. It's also essential to keep the can upright and to use the product within its shelf life.
What safety precautions should I take when using the L40 TensorGrip?
It's essential to wear gloves, safety glasses, and a respirator when using the L40 TensorGrip to protect yourself from adhesive fumes. Additionally, work in a well-ventilated area and avoid inhaling the spray mist.
Can I use the L40 TensorGrip to bond heavy materials?
The L40 TensorGrip is a high-strength adhesive that can bond heavy materials. But it's crucial to adhere to the manufacturer's instructions and ensure the surfaces you intend to bond are clean, dry, and devoid of contaminants.
Can I paint over the L40 TensorGrip?
Indeed, you can paint over the L40 TensorGrip once it is fully cured. To secure a proper bond, ensure the adhesive is dry before painting.
Is the L40 TensorGrip waterproof?
The L40 TensorGrip is water-resistant but not waterproof. It can withstand exposure to light moisture but may break down under prolonged exposure to water or humidity.
How do I apply the L40 TensorGrip?
The L40 TensorGrip is applied using a spray nozzle. It's important to hold the can approximately 6-8 inches from the surface to bond and apply the adhesive sweepingly, ensuring even coverage.
Overall, the L40 TensorGrip is a reliable, high-performance spray glue perfect for various applications, from industrial and commercial use to DIY projects at home. With its exceptional bonding strength, fast-drying formula, and ease of use, it's a product you can trust to deliver top-quality results every time.
Not sure if this spray adhesive is right for you?
If you are not sure if this contact adhesive is right for your individual requirements, please do not hesitate to Contact our friendly sales team and we will be happy to help you.
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT, Glue Pots, and shipping) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT, Glue pots and shipping) is only: £6.75
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is from only: £6.75
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is from only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If your goods are damaged in transit or deemed faulty due to factors beyond our control, we will advise you to return them. If you do not require replacement goods to be dispatched to you, we may offer a full refund. We provide this Returns Information to inform you of your responsibilities in the event of damaged or faulty goods. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. Checking the goods in the presence of the courier and noting any damages when signing is your responsibility. Alternatively, just a signature will confirm that you have received the goods in good order, and we may not consider refunds thereafter.
Product questions for our: Tuskbond One Contact Spray Adhesive 500ml Snagging Cans (A different size of this product)
- Hi, Is the spray ideal for bonding foam together also is it ideal for bonding foam to wood Thank You David.
- Hi David, Yes both applications would be fine. Be sure to apply a layer of adhesive to both surfaces and then bring them together and apply pressure as the adhesive layers start to skin over - Ian, Product Support Manager
- we use acoustic panels made from semi rigid fibreglass and which to stick them to walls usually painted will this work and to what temperature? - Peter
- Hi Peter, Yes this should be fine, as long as you spray both surfaces and allow the adhesive to start skinning before bringing the surfaces together. This will withstand temperatures up to about 70�C. - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi Is this good to stick vinyl paper backed borders to painted walls? Is this a standalone can or would i need a gun to go with it? - Mark
- Hi Mark, Thank you for your enquiry. I would not recommend our Tuskbond adhesive for this application due to the solid content in the adhesive! This could possible result in an uneven surface once dry and may cause your border to discolour after a period of time. Our recommendation would be to use standard wallpaper paste - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi, I am looking for some spray contact adhesive to stick laminate to MDF. Normally I would use tuskbond canisters with a spray gun but as I am working on this as a small project rather than for work, I don't have the budget to buy the gun and 22l canister. what sprays can you recommend to get the job done? Thanks Sofia
- Hi Sofia, this product will be my recommendation for what you require - Ian, Product Support Manager
- I am looking at your Tuskbond heat resistant spray adhesive and you advertise it as Class 1 approved. Is this the highest fire rated spray adhesive you have or do you have others? - Julia (Live Chat)
- This is the highest we have currently julia. What is your application Julia? - Ian, Product Support Manager
- I want to glue fire rated fabric onto fire rated card. Do you have a certificate for this product to say it is compliant with Class 1? - Julia (Live Chat)
- Leave me your email address and i will get the tech info over to you this afternoon - Ian, Product Support Manager
Product questions for our: (A different size of this product)
- What is the coverage of your 17.5kg contact adhesive - Live Chat
- Hello, it really does depend on the substrate and the operator who is applying it. Can I ask what substrate you are applying it to? - Ian, Product Support Manager
- MDF to Laminate - Live Chat
- If you can bare with me I will look into this for you [Contact details given] - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Thanks - Live Chat
Product questions for our: 17KG Tuskbond ONE FR Spray Adhesive - Class 1 Fire Rated (A different size of this product)
- Hi, We are currently working in Holland and using contact adhesive to fit plastic wall panels to both concrete and Plasterboard walls. We have approx 450 m2. Can you please advise what would be best to use for your selection. We would require the spray gun also. Thanks in advance - Martin.
- Hi Martin, this product will be ideal for what you require - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi, We need to stick some acoustic timber panels that weigh approx 3kg each to a painted wall, would this product be suitable to fix them? Thanks Richard
- Hi Richard, yes this will be ideal for your application - Ian, Product Support Manager
Product questions for our: L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister 22L | 17.5KG (A different size of this product)
- Dear sir/madam, I hope my message finds you well. I am about to start a project where I need to glue some small pieces of plastic into a sheet of fabric. Now the small plastics are sitting together in a piece of tulle and I will jist glue them as they are onto the fabric. I just wanted to ask if you have any kind of adhesive that may be suitable for me in this case. I saw the L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive that mey fit my needs but any professional advice will be well received. Thank you in advance. Mr. Margarit
- Hello Margarit, and thank-you for your enquiry. The L22 would certainly suit your application, on the basis the plastic not too conformable, as this could signify a higher content of plasticisers. These could react with the glue. On that basis, L22 would be the way to go - Best Regards Matt, Product Support Manager
Reviews for this product from confirmed past customers
To qualify to be added below, the reviewer must have purchased this product from us.
The following reviews are from other sizes of this product
Product reviews for our: Tuskbond One Contact Spray Adhesive 500ml Snagging Cans (A different size of this product)
Its a great product, delivered promptly. Entirely satisfied!
Product reviews for our: Spray Adhesive Starter Kit - 17.5KG TensorGrip L40 | 12FT Hose & Spray Glue Gun (A different size of this product)
Great product 5 Sent from my iPhone
Was doubtful when finding the product online. I wanted an easier option than Evo Stik cans that you spread on. The guy I spoke to ran through what i needed. The packaging was not that good but product not damaged. I must say for bonding Formica to birch ply it’s absolutely brilliant. Spray pattern is very accurate and no waste and more importantly no sticky hands. I would 100% recommend this product. Also it works out cheaper than evo stick Kindest regards
Product reviews for our: L17 Hi Temperature Resistant Web Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG - Class 1 Fire Rated (A different size of this product)
Hell of a good product, we fit white panel cladding , just going to order another cylinder. Love to be able to return the empty cylinders.