The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
TensorGrip® L66 is a specialist Solid Surface web spray contact adhesive product suitable bonding 3mm – 12mm sheets to most common wood based substrates such as MDF and Ply.
Tested with many common solid surface brands including Avonite & HI-MACS, TensorGrip® L66 meets and exceeds required bond strength and glue line flexibility requirements giving fabricators excellent adhesion results whilst hugely reducing fabrication processing time due to its immediate grab which eliminates curing/clamp time.
Another of the benefits of TensorGrip® L66 is the ultra-flat and consistent glue line that is achieved in comparison to beaded alternative methods.
Spray adhesive consistancy
This consistancy of this contact adhesive is web like.
Spray adhesive uses information
When it comes to this contact adhesive it can be used to bond materials on to the following materials.
- Bonding 3mm – 12mm sheets to most common wood based substrates such as MDF and Ply
- Solid surface
- Wood build ups
- Many other timber sheet materials
Coverage information for this spray glue
This contact adhesive can cover an area up to 80M2.
Canister Evacuation and Render Safe Procedure
Please use the following information when getting rid of an empty canister.
NOTE - Always direct valve outlet away from person during the following procedures
Step A. EVACUATION
- Ascertain from weight of canister whether empty of liquid residues
- If liquid residue is remaining, invert canister, open valve a minimal amount to allow gradual pressure release, leaving inverted until all pressure is released. Once pressure appears to be released, keeping inverted, gradually open valve fully, to ensure no blockage has occurred in valve, and ascertain evacuation complete.
- If empty of liquid, invert canister and fully open valve to release pressure, and ascertain evacuation complete.
- Once empty then proceed to part B to puncture them.
Step B. RENDER SAFE PUNCTURING
- Check, by feel, whether canister contains liquid residues. If yes, take additional care to avoid spillage during following operations.
- Place evacuated canister in fly press jaws. Base end forward.
- Close operator protective guard. Wind chisel point down until canister is fully pierced, then up to release. Remove canister from fly press.
- Alternatively, using a nail punch, puncture the bung on the canister neck (see image below)
- If canister contains liquid residues, and still pressurised pierce canister twice and then empty into appropriate bulk waste liquid container.
- Disposal via waste recycling provider.
Advantages of using L22
L66 has a number of advantages. Some of these are:
- Ultra strong adhesion
- Flexible glue line
- Immediate grab/Fast cure
- High heat & humidity resistance
Save when you buy in bulk
We offer bulk buying options with this sprayable glue. So the more you buy, the more you save.
All the information is based on practical experience and is published in good faith. However, because we have no control over the manner or conditions in which our products are used, or over work undertaken or end product manufactured by the purchaser, we cannot accept liability for results.
Responsibility for ascertaining the suitability of products for his purposes rests with the purchaser.All conditions, representations, statements, warranties or guarantees whatsoever, whether express, implied or statutory, in respect of any goods manufactured, sold or supplied by us are hereby expressly excluded and we accept no liability in respect of any claim for damage or consequential loss caused to any property arising directly or indirectly out of the use of our products or goods.
|Viscosity||350 cps 25°C sp#2|
|System Flammability||Adhesive in flammable solvent & propellant|
|Dry Time||2-5 minutes dependant on temperature and humidity|
|Open time||30 mins|
|Shelf life||18 months|
|Application type||Web spray|
Contact canister storage and canister change over instructions
Turn valve on canister into the off position, spray out remaining adhesive left in the hose, disconnect the spray hose and gun from the canister.
Reconnect the spray hose to a canister of cleaning solvent (sold separately) and spray out until liquid is clear which indicates that the hose and gun is clean.
If you choose to leave the hose and spray gun on the canister, leave the valve on the canister open. Do not disconnect the hose/gun from the canister.
Close and lock the spray gun.
Handling & Storage Information
- Consult Material Safety Data Sheet prior to use
- DO NOT store at temperatures over 50°C
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight
- DO NOT store directly on a concrete floor
- For optimum performance, store at 18°C during use; but, it must always be above 10°C
- When connected, keep the valve open and hose pressurised at all times
- DO NOT close the valve until ready to connect to new cylinder
- Release pressure in hose before disconnection
- Always test product to determine suitability for your particular application prior to use in production
How to use this contact spray adhesive
This glue is designed to be applied to two surfaces to be bonded together. Consequently, for best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 60°F - 80°F (16°C - 27°C).
Use with adequate ventilation, and when possible we recommend shaking the canister well before using.
Then start spraying. It is as simple as that.
Prior to use, please check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate, and this glue may degrade some substrates.
- Make sure that surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc...
- Spray about 10-20 cm (4" – 8") away at a 90° angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface. If necessary, spray another coat of this adhesive in areas that appear to need more adhesive.
- Spray both surfaces to be bonded, one surface vertically and the other surface horizontally
- Allow 2 - 3 minutes for the adhesive to tack off until no adhesive transfers to the knuckle when touched.
- Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure.
- roller is recommended to apply a uniform pressure to achieve maximum strength.
- Allow 24 hours for the adhesive to fully cure.
- If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with solvent such as lacquer thinner or acetone. Do not use a pin on the spray tip orifice
Not sure if this spray adhesive is right for you?
If you are not sure if this contact adhesive is right for your individual requirements please do not hesitate to Contact our friendly sales team and we will be happy to help you.
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT) is only: £4.99
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is only: £5.99
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If in the unfortunate event that your goods are damaged in transit - or are accepted by PSA Solutions as being faulty due to factors beyond our control - you will be advised to return such goods and a full refund may be offered should you not require replacement goods being dispatched to you. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. It is your responsibility to check the goods in the presence of the courier, and if required note when signing that goods have been damaged. Alternatively just a signature will confirm that goods have been received in good order and that thereafter refunds may not be considered. Please contact us if you do experience any difficulties and we will try our best to help you.
Product questions for our: (A different size of this product)
- What is the coverage of your 17.5kg contact adhesive - Live Chat
- Hello, it really does depend on the substrate and the operator who is applying it. Can I ask what substrate you are applying it to? - Ian, Product Support Manager
- MDF to Laminate - Live Chat
- If you can bare with me I will look into this for you [Contact details given] - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Thanks - Live Chat
Product questions for our: Discontinued: 17KG Tuskbond ONE Spray Adhesive (A different size of this product)
- Hi, We are currently working in Holland and using contact adhesive to fit plastic wall panels to both concrete and Plasterboard walls. We have approx 450 m2. Can you please advise what would be best to use for your selection. We would require the spray gun also. Thanks in advance - Martin.
- Hi Martin, this product will be ideal for what you require - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi, We need to stick some acoustic timber panels that weigh approx 3kg each to a painted wall, would this product be suitable to fix them? Thanks Richard
- Hi Richard, yes this will be ideal for your application - Ian, Product Support Manager
Product questions for our: L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister 22L | 22KG (A different size of this product)
- Dear sir/madam, I hope my message finds you well. I am about to start a project where I need to glue some small pieces of plastic into a sheet of fabric. Now the small plastics are sitting together in a piece of tulle and I will jist glue them as they are onto the fabric. I just wanted to ask if you have any kind of adhesive that may be suitable for me in this case. I saw the L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive that mey fit my needs but any professional advice will be well received. Thank you in advance. Mr. Margarit
- Hello Margarit, and thank-you for your enquiry. The L22 would certainly suit your application, on the basis the plastic not too conformable, as this could signify a higher content of plasticisers. These could react with the glue. On that basis, L22 would be the way to go - Best Regards Matt, Product Support Manager
Reviews for this product from confirmed past customers
To qualify to be added below, the reviewer must have purchased this product from us.
The following reviews are from other sizes of this product
Product reviews for our: Spray Adhesive Starter Kit - 22Kg TensorGrip L40 | 12FT Hose & Spray Glue Gun (A different size of this product)
Great product 5 Sent from my iPhone