The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
As part of our HVAC & INSULATION range, H40 is a CO-REZTM California Compliant web spray adhesive suitable for insulation and metal sheeting bonding applications. Approved by KINGSPAN® for bonding KoolDuct Insulation Mitre Joints.
TensorGrip® H40 KoolDuct joint adhesive has been developed and proven for use in the mitre joints for the KoolDuct ducting system. The H40 is used with the professional hose and gun; this method of delivery gives the user maximum portability with no external power sources required. TensorGrip® H40 provides high temperature resistance and structural stability, enduring the demanding fluctuations of temperature change on duct work applications. The tough resilient bond line and extremely user friendly application method, over against the brush, gives the user massively improved working times and efficiencies.
- Metal / Aluminium Sheeting
- CO-REZTM Technology
- Fast Drying
- Good Heat Resistance
- Very High Solids
- Portable Systems
- Non-Chlorinated Adhesive
- Easy Application Control
- Low VOC
- California compliant
- Web spray
Canister Evacuation and Render Safe Procedure
Please use the following information when getting rid of an empty canister.
NOTE - Always direct valve outlet away from person during the following procedures
Step A. EVACUATION
- Ascertain from weight of canister whether empty of liquid residues
- If liquid residue is remaining, invert canister, open valve a minimal amount to allow gradual pressure release, leaving inverted until all pressure is released. Once pressure appears to be released, keeping inverted, gradually open valve fully, to ensure no blockage has occurred in valve, and ascertain evacuation complete.
- If empty of liquid, invert canister and fully open valve to release pressure, and ascertain evacuation complete.
- Once empty then proceed to part B to puncture them.
Step B. RENDER SAFE PUNCTURING
- Check, by feel, whether canister contains liquid residues. If yes, take additional care to avoid spillage during following operations.
- Place evacuated canister in fly press jaws. Base end forward.
- Close operator protective guard. Wind chisel point down until canister is fully pierced, then up to release. Remove canister from fly press.
- Alternatively, using a nail punch, puncture the bung on the canister neck (see image below)
- If canister contains liquid residues, and still pressurised pierce canister twice and then empty into appropriate bulk waste liquid container.
- Disposal via waste recycling provider.
Handling & Storage Information
- Consult Material Safety Data Sheet prior to use
- Do Not store at temperatures over 50°C
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight
- Do Not store directly on concrete floor
- For optimum performance, store at 18°C during use, but must always be above 10°C
- When connected, keep valve open and hose pressurised at all times
- Do Not close valve until ready to connect to new cylinder
- Release pressure in hose before disconnection
- Always test product to determine suitability for your particular application prior to use in production
Directions to use
This product is designed to be applied to two surfaces to be bonded together. Make sure that surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc. For best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 60 degrees F - 80 degrees F (16 degrees C - 27 degrees C).
Use with adequate ventilation. When possible we recommend shaking the canister well before using. Attach and secure hose tightly onto the spray gun with required tip. Attach the other end of the hose onto the canister. Make sure the hose-valve connections are securely tight. Open the valve on the canister slowly and fully, check for leaks during this process. Unlock the trigger on the spray gun to start spraying.
Prior to use, Check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate. This product may degrade some substrates. Spray about 10-20 cm (4” – 8”) away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface. If necessary, spray another coat of adhesive in areas that appear to need more adhesive. Spray both surfaces to be bonded, one surface vertically and the other surface horizontally. Allow the adhesive to tack off until no adhesive transfers to the knuckle when touched.
Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure. A roller is recommended to apply a uniform pressure to achieve maximum strength. Allow 24 hours for the adhesive to fully cure.
If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with solvent such as lacquer thinner or acetone. Do not use a pin on the spray tip orifice.
Canister Storage / Change Over
Turn valve on canister into the off position, spray out remaining adhesive left in the hose, disconnect the spray hose and gun from the canister. Reconnect the spray hose to a canister of cleaning solvent (sold separately) and spray out until liquid is clear which indicates that the hose and gun is clean. If you choose to leave the hose and spray gun on the canister, leave the valve on the canister open. Do not disconnect the hose/gun from the canister. Close and lock the spray gun.
For optimum results store canister above 18°C during use, but must always be above 10°C. Allow substrates to acclimatise to normal room temperature (18°C) for 48 hours before bonding. Do not exceed open time of the adhesive. Keep canister off cold concrete floors during use. If adhesive is expelled wet or as a jet, canister is too cold – move to warm environment and allow to thoroughly acclimatise before reusing.
- Use only in well ventilated areas
- DO NOT thin or reactivate with solvents
- DO NOT incinerate
- DO NOT expose to extreme heat over 50°C
- Keep away from sources of ignition
- Release pressure before disconnecting hose
- Test for suitability before use
MSDS and Technical Data Sheets MUST be read and understood before use. Information contained in this technical literature is believed to be accurate and offered in good faith for the benefit of the consumer. The company however cannot assume any liability or risk involved in the use of its chemical products since the conditions of use are beyond our control. Statements concerning the possible use of our products are not intended as recommendations to infringe on any patent.
|Viscosity||72 cps 25°C sp#2, 30r.p.m.|
|Colour||Clear or Red|
|Specific Gravity||0.66 to 0.70|
|System Flammability||Flammable adhesive in flammable propellant|
|Sheer||> 250 p.s.i.|
|Tensile (180° Peel)||> 25 p.s.i.|
|90° Peel (6.25 sq.cm)||> 25 p.s.i.|
|Shear adhesion failure temperature||(SAFT) 100gram> 115°C|
|Heat resistance (25mm/100gram)||115°C|
|Dry time||3-5 mins dependant on temp & humidity|
The technical data contained herein is based on our present knowledge and experience and we cannot be held liable for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions or editorial failings that result from technological changes or research between the date of issue of this document and the date the product is acquired. Before using the product, the user should carry out any necessary tests in order to ensure that the product is suitable for the intended application.
Moreover, all users should contact the seller or the manufacturer of the product for additional technical information concerning its use if they think that the information in their possession needs to be clarified in any way, whether for normal use or a specific application of our product. Our guarantee applies within the context of the statutory regulations and provisions in force, current professional standards and in accordance with the stipulations set out in our general sales conditions.
The information detailed in the present technical data sheet is given by way of indication and is not exhaustive. The same applies to any information provided verbally by telephone to any prospective or existing customer.
Not sure if this spray adhesive is right for you?
If you are not if this contact adhesive tape is right for your individual requirements please do not hesitate to Contact our friendly sales team and we will be happy to help you.
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT) is only: £4.99
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is only: £5.99
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If in the unfortunate event that your goods are damaged in transit - or are accepted by PSA Solutions as being faulty due to factors beyond our control - you will be advised to return such goods and a full refund may be offered should you not require replacement goods being dispatched to you. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. It is your responsibility to check the goods in the presence of the courier, and if required note when signing that goods have been damaged. Alternatively just a signature will confirm that goods have been received in good order and that thereafter refunds may not be considered. Please contact us if you do experience any difficulties and we will try our best to help you.