The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
As part of our HVAC & Insulation spray adhesive range, H45 is a California Compliant web spray adhesive suitable for insulation and metal sheeting bonding applications.
H45 - KoolTherm Panel Spray Adhesive is an industry-leading adhesive solution that delivers exceptional performance and ease of use. Specially designed for bonding KoolTherm insulation panels, it ensures long-lasting adhesion in a range of conditions and applications.
Approved by Kingspan®
Approved by KINGSPAN® for bonding KoolTherm Insulation Panels.
TensorGrip® H45 has been developed to create high performance bonds between KINGSPAN® KoolTherm Insulation Panels and metal ductwork, or any other substrate in which KoolTherm is to be used.
This spray adhesive has very high tack enabling users to bond KoolTherm successfully in the most demanding applications in which this type of insulation panel is used. Although the H45 has a very tacky nature, when the adhesive is cured the bond line is extremely resilient and tough ensuring lifelong performance.
The H45 sprays in a consistent web spray pattern, which is highly controllable when using the professional spray gun along with the Lechler tip.
This solvent-based, quick-drying adhesive is packaged in an easy-to-use spray can for even and controlled application. The H45 adhesive features superior tack and high initial grab, reducing the need for support during installation and enabling quicker job completion.
This spray adhesive has been designed for:
- Metal / Aluminium Sheeting
Additionally, the H45 KoolTherm Panel Spray Adhesive is designed with the environment in mind. Despite its robust performance, it has low VOC emissions and complies with all relevant safety and environmental regulations.
User safety is of paramount importance to us. Hence, the adhesive is equipped with a specially designed nozzle that reduces overspray, helping to minimize waste and keep the application area clean.
The adhesive formulation boasts high coverage and exceptional strength, enabling it to bond not only insulation panels but a wide range of construction materials including concrete, brickwork, metals, and more. This makes the H45 an indispensable tool for both residential and commercial construction projects.
Canister Evacuation and Render Safe Procedure
Please use the following information when getting rid of an empty canister.
NOTE - Always direct valve outlet away from person during the following procedures
Step A. EVACUATION
- Ascertain from weight of canister whether empty of liquid residues
- If liquid residue is remaining, invert canister, open valve a minimal amount to allow gradual pressure release, leaving inverted until all pressure is released. Once pressure appears to be released, keeping inverted, gradually open valve fully, to ensure no blockage has occurred in valve, and ascertain evacuation complete.
- If empty of liquid, invert canister and fully open valve to release pressure, and ascertain evacuation complete.
- Once empty then proceed to part B to puncture them.
Step B. RENDER SAFE PUNCTURING
- Check, by feel, whether canister contains liquid residues. If yes, take additional care to avoid spillage during following operations.
- Place evacuated canister in fly press jaws. Base end forward.
- Close operator protective guard. Wind chisel point down until canister is fully pierced, then up to release. Remove canister from fly press.
- Alternatively, using a nail punch, puncture the bung on the canister neck (see image below)
- If canister contains liquid residues, and still pressurised pierce canister twice and then empty into appropriate bulk waste liquid container.
- Disposal via waste recycling provider.
What is the H45 - KoolTherm Panel Spray Adhesive?
The H45 - KoolTherm Panel Spray Adhesive is a superior grade, solvent-based adhesive specially designed for bonding KoolTherm insulation panels. Its high initial grab and strong bond strength make it an excellent choice for both professional and DIY applications.
On what surfaces can I use the H45 - KoolTherm Panel Spray Adhesive?
The H45 adhesive is versatile and can bond to various construction materials such as concrete, brickwork, metals, and of course, KoolTherm insulation panels.
How do I apply the H45 - KoolTherm Panel Spray Adhesive?
The product comes in a convenient spray can for easy application. Ensure the surface is clean and dry before applying the adhesive. After shaking the can, spray a consistent layer of adhesive onto both surfaces to be bonded and wait a few moments for it to become tacky. Press the surfaces together firmly to ensure a strong bond.
How long does it take for the adhesive to dry?
The H45 - KoolTherm Panel Spray Adhesive has a quick drying time. However, full cure time can vary depending on environmental conditions and the materials being bonded. Always refer to the product instructions for specific drying times.
What safety measures should I take when using the H45 - KoolTherm Panel Spray Adhesive?
It's important to use the H45 adhesive in a well-ventilated area and wear appropriate protective equipment, such as gloves and safety glasses. Avoid contact with skin and eyes, and keep the product out of reach of children. Always refer to the safety instructions on the product label.
Is the H45 - KoolTherm Panel Spray Adhesive environmentally friendly?
Yes, the H45 adhesive is designed with the environment in mind. It has low VOC emissions and complies with all relevant safety and environmental regulations.
What should I do if there's overspray or adhesive in areas I don't want it?
The H45 adhesive comes with a specially designed nozzle that helps reduce overspray. However, if accidental overspray does occur, clean up as soon as possible using a cloth and appropriate cleaning agent, ensuring you follow safety guidelines. If the adhesive has dried, mechanical removal may be necessary.
- Fast Drying
- Good Heat Resistance
- Very High Solids
- Portable Systems
- Non-Chlorinated Adhesive
- Easy Application Control
- Low VOC
- Web Spray
- California compliant
Handling & Storage Information
- Consult Material Safety Data Sheet prior to use
- Do Not store at temperatures over 50°C
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight
- Do Not store directly on concrete floor
- For optimum performance, store at 18°C during use, but must always be above 10°C
- When connected, keep valve open and hose pressurised at all times
- Do Not close valve until ready to connect to new cylinder
- Release pressure in hose before disconnection
- Always test product to determine suitability for your particular application prior to use in production
Directions to use
This product is designed to be applied to two surfaces to be bonded together. Make sure that surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc. For best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 60 degrees F - 80 degrees F (16degrees C - 27 degrees C).
Use with adequate ventilation. When possible we recommend shaking the canister well before using. Attach and secure hose tightly onto the spray gun with required tip. Attach the other end of the hose onto the canister. Make sure the hose-valve connections are securely tight. Open the valve on the canister slowly and fully, check for leaks during this process. Unlock the trigger on the spray gun to start spraying.
Prior to use, Check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate. This product may degrade some substrates. Spray about 10-20 cm (4 inches - 8 inches) away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface. If necessary, spray another coat of adhesive in areas that appear to need more adhesive. Spray both surfaces to be bonded, one surface vertically and the other surface horizontally. Allow the adhesive to tack off until no adhesive transfers to the knuckle when touched.
Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure. A roller is recommended to apply a uniform pressure to achieve maximum strength. Allow 24 hours for the adhesive to fully cure.
If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with solvent such as lacquer thinner or acetone. Do not use a pin on the spray tip orifice.
Canister Storage / Change Over
Turn valve on canister into the off position, spray out remaining adhesive left in the hose, disconnect the spray hose and gun from the canister. Reconnect the spray hose to a canister of cleaning solvent (sold separately) and spray out until liquid is clear which indicates that the hose and gun is clean. If you choose to leave the hose and spray gun on the canister, leave the valve on the canister open. Do not disconnect the hose/gun from the canister. Close and lock the spray gun.
For optimum results store canister above 18°C during use, but must always be above 10°C. Allow substrates to acclimatise to normal room temperature (18°C) for 48 hours before bonding. Do not exceed open time of the adhesive. Keep canister off cold concrete floors during use. If adhesive is expelled wet or as a jet, canister is too cold - move to warm environment and allow to thoroughly acclimatise before reusing.
- Use only in well ventilated areas
- DO NOT thin or reactivate with solvents
- DO NOT incinerate
- DO NOT expose to extreme heat over 50°C
- Keep away from sources of ignition
- Release pressure before disconnecting hose
- Test for suitability before use
MSDS and Technical Data Sheets MUST be read and understood before use. Information contained in this technical literature is believed to be accurate and offered in good faith for the benefit of the consumer. The company however cannot assume any liability or risk involved in the use of its chemical products since the conditions of use are beyond our control. Statements concerning the possible use of our products are not intended as recommendations to infringe on any patent.
|350 cps 25°C sp#2
|Clear or red
|Flammable adhesive in a flammable propellant
|Shear adhesion failure temp
|Heat resistance (25mm/100gram - 105°C)
|90° Peel (6.25 sq.cm)
|> 25 P.S.I
|2-5 mins dependant on temp & humidity
The technical data contained herein is based on our present knowledge and experience and we cannot be held liable for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions or editorial failings that result from technological changes or research between the date of issue of this document and the date the product is acquired. Before using the product, the user should carry out any necessary tests in order to ensure that the product is suitable for the intended application.
Moreover, all users should contact the seller or the manufacturer of the product for additional technical information concerning its use if they think that the information in their possession needs to be clarified in any way, whether for normal use or a specific application of our product. Our guarantee applies within the context of the statutory regulations and provisions in force, current professional standards and in accordance with the stipulations set out in our general sales conditions.
The information detailed in the present technical data sheet is given by way of indication and is not exhaustive. The same applies to any information provided verbally by telephone to any prospective or existing customer.
Not sure if this spray adhesive is right for you?
If you are not if this contact adhesive tape is right for your individual requirements please do not hesitate to Contact our friendly sales team and we will be happy to help you.
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT, Glue Pots, and shipping) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT, Glue pots and shipping) is only: £6.75
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is from only: £6.75
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is from only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If your goods are damaged in transit or deemed faulty due to factors beyond our control, we will advise you to return them. If you do not require replacement goods to be dispatched to you, we may offer a full refund. We provide this Returns Information to inform you of your responsibilities in the event of damaged or faulty goods. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. Checking the goods in the presence of the courier and noting any damages when signing is your responsibility. Alternatively, just a signature will confirm that you have received the goods in good order, and we may not consider refunds thereafter.
Product questions for our: Tuskbond One Contact Spray Adhesive 500ml Snagging Cans (A different size of this product)
- Hi, Is the spray ideal for bonding foam together also is it ideal for bonding foam to wood Thank You David.
- Hi David, Yes both applications would be fine. Be sure to apply a layer of adhesive to both surfaces and then bring them together and apply pressure as the adhesive layers start to skin over - Ian, Product Support Manager
- we use acoustic panels made from semi rigid fibreglass and which to stick them to walls usually painted will this work and to what temperature? - Peter
- Hi Peter, Yes this should be fine, as long as you spray both surfaces and allow the adhesive to start skinning before bringing the surfaces together. This will withstand temperatures up to about 70�C. - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi Is this good to stick vinyl paper backed borders to painted walls? Is this a standalone can or would i need a gun to go with it? - Mark
- Hi Mark, Thank you for your enquiry. I would not recommend our Tuskbond adhesive for this application due to the solid content in the adhesive! This could possible result in an uneven surface once dry and may cause your border to discolour after a period of time. Our recommendation would be to use standard wallpaper paste - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi, I am looking for some spray contact adhesive to stick laminate to MDF. Normally I would use tuskbond canisters with a spray gun but as I am working on this as a small project rather than for work, I don't have the budget to buy the gun and 22l canister. what sprays can you recommend to get the job done? Thanks Sofia
- Hi Sofia, this product will be my recommendation for what you require - Ian, Product Support Manager
- I am looking at your Tuskbond heat resistant spray adhesive and you advertise it as Class 1 approved. Is this the highest fire rated spray adhesive you have or do you have others? - Julia (Live Chat)
- This is the highest we have currently julia. What is your application Julia? - Ian, Product Support Manager
- I want to glue fire rated fabric onto fire rated card. Do you have a certificate for this product to say it is compliant with Class 1? - Julia (Live Chat)
- Leave me your email address and i will get the tech info over to you this afternoon - Ian, Product Support Manager
Product questions for our: (A different size of this product)
- What is the coverage of your 17.5kg contact adhesive - Live Chat
- Hello, it really does depend on the substrate and the operator who is applying it. Can I ask what substrate you are applying it to? - Ian, Product Support Manager
- MDF to Laminate - Live Chat
- If you can bare with me I will look into this for you [Contact details given] - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Thanks - Live Chat
Product questions for our: 17KG Tuskbond ONE FR Spray Adhesive - Class 1 Fire Rated (A different size of this product)
- Hi, We are currently working in Holland and using contact adhesive to fit plastic wall panels to both concrete and Plasterboard walls. We have approx 450 m2. Can you please advise what would be best to use for your selection. We would require the spray gun also. Thanks in advance - Martin.
- Hi Martin, this product will be ideal for what you require - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi, We need to stick some acoustic timber panels that weigh approx 3kg each to a painted wall, would this product be suitable to fix them? Thanks Richard
- Hi Richard, yes this will be ideal for your application - Ian, Product Support Manager
Product questions for our: L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister 22L | 17.5KG (A different size of this product)
- Dear sir/madam, I hope my message finds you well. I am about to start a project where I need to glue some small pieces of plastic into a sheet of fabric. Now the small plastics are sitting together in a piece of tulle and I will jist glue them as they are onto the fabric. I just wanted to ask if you have any kind of adhesive that may be suitable for me in this case. I saw the L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive that mey fit my needs but any professional advice will be well received. Thank you in advance. Mr. Margarit
- Hello Margarit, and thank-you for your enquiry. The L22 would certainly suit your application, on the basis the plastic not too conformable, as this could signify a higher content of plasticisers. These could react with the glue. On that basis, L22 would be the way to go - Best Regards Matt, Product Support Manager
Reviews for this product from confirmed past customers
To qualify to be added below, the reviewer must have purchased this product from us.
The following reviews are from other sizes of this product
Product reviews for our: Tuskbond One Contact Spray Adhesive 500ml Snagging Cans (A different size of this product)
Its a great product, delivered promptly. Entirely satisfied!
Product reviews for our: Spray Adhesive Starter Kit - 17.5KG TensorGrip L40 | 12FT Hose & Spray Glue Gun (A different size of this product)
Great product 5 Sent from my iPhone
Was doubtful when finding the product online. I wanted an easier option than Evo Stik cans that you spread on. The guy I spoke to ran through what i needed. The packaging was not that good but product not damaged. I must say for bonding Formica to birch ply it’s absolutely brilliant. Spray pattern is very accurate and no waste and more importantly no sticky hands. I would 100% recommend this product. Also it works out cheaper than evo stick Kindest regards
Product reviews for our: L40 Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Spray Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG (A different size of this product)
EXCELLENT service and product at the best price I could find
We at T&R Roofing have used this glue on several edpm flat roofs and it has performed excellant giving it a first class bonding and an excellent adhesive bond. We have recommended this glue to other roofing companies. We will be ordering our 4th bottle very soon.
Product reviews for our: L17 Hi Temperature Resistant Web Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG - Class 1 Fire Rated (A different size of this product)
Hell of a good product, we fit white panel cladding , just going to order another cylinder. Love to be able to return the empty cylinders.