The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
Spray Adhesive Starter Kit
This spray glue starter kit comes with everything you need to get up and running quickly. The 17.5KG TensorGrip® L40 Spray Adhesive, a 12FT Spray Adhesive Glue Hose, and the Spray Glue Gun.
Our TensorGrip® L40 will bond a wide variety of substrates, including wood, metals, rubber, fabric, most plastics, cardboard, polythene and concrete, as well as decorative laminates. It is ideal for permanent bonds that require good initial bond strength.
This adhesive provides a good temperature resistance and if protected from contamination has an open time of several hours.
Always test a small sample of the materials first to ensure the suitability of the product for the application.
For instance, some vinyls contain large amounts of plasticiser which, over time, can migrate and soften the bond. When in doubt, test first.
Do not use on flexible PVC or expanded polystyrene.
- Fast easy application
- Uniform spray
- Fast drying
- High solids
- High temperature resistance
- Low odour
- Long Open Time
- Bonds a wide variety of substrates
Handling & Storage information
Protect from extremes of temperature in a controlled environment between 15°C and 35°C, and away from direct sunlight.
DO NOT ALLOW THE PRODUCT TO FREEZE
Stored under the correct conditions, in original, unopened containers, the product will have a shelf life of 12 months.
|Solids Content (approx.)||27%|
|Colour||Clear or Red|
|Coverage (13kg Canister)||~128m2|
Directions to use
Surfaces should be clean, dry and free from grease, oil and dust. Excessive dust will impair performance. Concrete and screed floors should be fully cured with an effective damp proof membrane. See BS CP102 and BS 5325. For best results, the substrate and product should be bonded at temperatures between 15°C and 25°C.
Asphalt and surface membranes must be covered with at least 3mm of good quality smoothing compound.
Dusty or friable surfaces should be treated with a suitable primer. Underfloor heating should be turned off for 48 hours prior to and after the installation.
Attach a suitable spray nozzle to the contact glue spray gun. Use a spray adhesive gun with a 40cm extension so that the adhesive can be applied whilst standing.
Connect the hose to the canister and the spray gun to the hose and tighten the connections. If there are any leaks, tighten the connection at the source of the leak.
Open the valve on the canister. The valve should remain open until the canister is used up. Use the locking nut on the gun after use. Turning off the valve will result in the adhesive drying in the hose and gun causing blockages.
Hold the spray gun 10-20cm away at 90° to the surface and apply a uniform coat of adhesive, ensuring 80-100% coverage.
When the adhesive is dry and very tacky it is ready to have the flooring material bonded to it.
Porous substrates may require two applications.
Drying takes approximately 1 to 2 minutes depending on substrates, ambient temperature and humidity. Over spraying and pooling of the adhesive will increase drying.
After spraying, remove the spray gun tip and rinse with Solvent Cleaner before it has cured.
Keep the valve open and the hose attached to the canister until there is no more adhesive. If the hose is removed, clean through with solvent cleaner to prevent adhesive drying, which will cause the gun and hose to block. Turn the canister off before removing the hose.
All the information is based on practical experience and is published in good faith. However, because we have no control over the manner or conditions in which our products are used, or overwork undertaken or an end product manufactured by the purchaser, we cannot accept liability for results.
Responsibility for ascertaining the suitability of products for his purposes rests with the purchaser.
All conditions, representations, statements, warranties or guarantees whatsoever, whether express, implied or statutory, in respect of any goods manufactured, sold or supplied by us are hereby expressly excluded and we accept no liability in respect of any claim for damage or consequential loss caused to any property arising directly or indirectly out of the use of our products or goods.
Not sure if this spray adhesive is right for you?
If you are not if this contact adhesive tape is right for your individual requirements please do not hesitate to Contact our friendly sales team and we will be happy to help you.
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT, Glue Pots, and shipping) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT, Glue pots and shipping) is only: £6.75
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is from only: £6.75
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is from only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If your goods are damaged in transit or deemed faulty due to factors beyond our control, we will advise you to return them. If you do not require replacement goods to be dispatched to you, we may offer a full refund. We provide this Returns Information to inform you of your responsibilities in the event of damaged or faulty goods. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. Checking the goods in the presence of the courier and noting any damages when signing is your responsibility. Alternatively, just a signature will confirm that you have received the goods in good order, and we may not consider refunds thereafter.
Product questions for our: Tuskbond Contact Spray Adhesive 500ml Snagging Cans - Class 0 Fire Rated (A different size of this product)
- Hi, Is the spray ideal for bonding foam together also is it ideal for bonding foam to wood Thank You David.
- Hi David, Yes both applications would be fine. Be sure to apply a layer of adhesive to both surfaces and then bring them together and apply pressure as the adhesive layers start to skin over - Ian, Product Support Manager
- we use acoustic panels made from semi rigid fibreglass and which to stick them to walls usually painted will this work and to what temperature? - Peter
- Hi Peter, Yes this should be fine, as long as you spray both surfaces and allow the adhesive to start skinning before bringing the surfaces together. This will withstand temperatures up to about 70�C. - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi Is this good to stick vinyl paper backed borders to painted walls? Is this a standalone can or would i need a gun to go with it? - Mark
- Hi Mark, Thank you for your enquiry. I would not recommend our Tuskbond adhesive for this application due to the solid content in the adhesive! This could possible result in an uneven surface once dry and may cause your border to discolour after a period of time. Our recommendation would be to use standard wallpaper paste - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi, I am looking for some spray contact adhesive to stick laminate to MDF. Normally I would use tuskbond canisters with a spray gun but as I am working on this as a small project rather than for work, I don't have the budget to buy the gun and 22l canister. what sprays can you recommend to get the job done? Thanks Sofia
- Hi Sofia, this product will be my recommendation for what you require - Ian, Product Support Manager
- I am looking at your Tuskbond heat resistant spray adhesive and you advertise it as Class 1 approved. Is this the highest fire rated spray adhesive you have or do you have others? - Julia (Live Chat)
- This is the highest we have currently julia. What is your application Julia? - Ian, Product Support Manager
- I want to glue fire rated fabric onto fire rated card. Do you have a certificate for this product to say it is compliant with Class 1? - Julia (Live Chat)
- Leave me your email address and i will get the tech info over to you this afternoon - Ian, Product Support Manager
Product questions for our: (A different size of this product)
- What is the coverage of your 17.5kg contact adhesive - Live Chat
- Hello, it really does depend on the substrate and the operator who is applying it. Can I ask what substrate you are applying it to? - Ian, Product Support Manager
- MDF to Laminate - Live Chat
- If you can bare with me I will look into this for you [Contact details given] - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Thanks - Live Chat
Product questions for our: 17KG Tuskbond ONE Spray Adhesive - Class 0 Fire Rated (A different size of this product)
- Hi, We are currently working in Holland and using contact adhesive to fit plastic wall panels to both concrete and Plasterboard walls. We have approx 450 m2. Can you please advise what would be best to use for your selection. We would require the spray gun also. Thanks in advance - Martin.
- Hi Martin, this product will be ideal for what you require - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi, We need to stick some acoustic timber panels that weigh approx 3kg each to a painted wall, would this product be suitable to fix them? Thanks Richard
- Hi Richard, yes this will be ideal for your application - Ian, Product Support Manager
Product questions for our: L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister 22L | 17.5KG (A different size of this product)
- Dear sir/madam, I hope my message finds you well. I am about to start a project where I need to glue some small pieces of plastic into a sheet of fabric. Now the small plastics are sitting together in a piece of tulle and I will jist glue them as they are onto the fabric. I just wanted to ask if you have any kind of adhesive that may be suitable for me in this case. I saw the L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive that mey fit my needs but any professional advice will be well received. Thank you in advance. Mr. Margarit
- Hello Margarit, and thank-you for your enquiry. The L22 would certainly suit your application, on the basis the plastic not too conformable, as this could signify a higher content of plasticisers. These could react with the glue. On that basis, L22 would be the way to go - Best Regards Matt, Product Support Manager
Tuskbond Contact Spray Adhesive 500ml Snagging Cans - Class 0 Fire Rated
17KG Tuskbond ONE Spray Adhesive - Class 0 Fire Rated
Spray Adhesive Starter Kit - 17.5KG TensorGrip L40 | 12FT Hose & Spray Glue Gun
22L L72 One Way Stick Urethane Spray Adhesive
22L H45 - KoolTherm Panel Spray Adhesive
22L H30 - Extra Hi-Grab HVAC GP Polystyrene Spray Adhesive
L40 Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Spray Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG
L40 Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister - 110Litre | 110KG
L17 Hi Temperature Resistant Web Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG - Class 1 Fire Rated
L17 Hi Temperature Resistant Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister - 110 Litre | 110KG - Class 1 Fire Rated
L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister 22L | 17.5KG
L40 Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Can - 500ML
H50 Hi Temp Polystyrene Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister 22L | 17.5KG
L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive / Glue Aerosol Can 500ML
110L H45 - KoolTherm Panel Spray Adhesive
L66 Solid Surface Compatible Spray Contact Adhesive / Glue 22 Litre
TensorGrip L71 Spray Adhesive Glue - Plasticiser Resistant Vinyl Spray Canister Adhesive / Glue 22 Litre
TensorGrip L21 - Non-Mecl General Purpose Contact Spray Canister Adhesive / Glue 22 Litre
TensorGrip L19 - High Performance Laminate & Edging Spray Pot Adhesive / Glue 22 Litre
TensorGrip LP61 - Platinum Web Spray Canister Contact Adhesive / Glue 22 Litre
TensorGrip L21 - Non-Mecl General Purpose Contact Spray Canister Adhesive / Glue 110 Litre
L17 Hi Temperature Resistant Web Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Can - 500ml - Class 1 Fire Rated
LP64 Platinum Mist Spray Contact Adhesive
L44 DCM Free Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Spray Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG
Reviews for this product from confirmed past customers
To qualify to be added below, the reviewer must have purchased this product from us.
The following reviews are from other sizes of this product
Product reviews for our: Tuskbond Contact Spray Adhesive 500ml Snagging Cans - Class 0 Fire Rated (A different size of this product)
Its a great product, delivered promptly. Entirely satisfied!
Product reviews for our: L40 Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Spray Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG (A different size of this product)
EXCELLENT service and product at the best price I could find
We at T&R Roofing have used this glue on several edpm flat roofs and it has performed excellant giving it a first class bonding and an excellent adhesive bond. We have recommended this glue to other roofing companies. We will be ordering our 4th bottle very soon.
Product reviews for our: L17 Hi Temperature Resistant Web Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG - Class 1 Fire Rated (A different size of this product)
Hell of a good product, we fit white panel cladding , just going to order another cylinder. Love to be able to return the empty cylinders.