The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
Our TensorGrip® L40 will bond a wide variety of substrates, including wood, metals, rubber, fabric, most plastics, cardboard, polythene and concrete, as well as decorative laminates. It is ideal for permanent bonds that require good initial bond strength.
This adhesive provides a good temperature resistance and if protected from contamination has an open time of several hours.
Always test a small sample of the materials first to ensure the suitability of the product for the application.
For instance, some vinyls contain large amounts of plasticiser which, over time, can migrate and soften the bond. When in doubt, test first.
Do not use on flexible PVC or expanded polystyrene.
- Fast easy application
- Uniform spray
- Fast drying
- High solids
- High temperature resistance
- Low odour
- Long Open Time
- Bonds a wide variety of substrates
Handling & Storage information
Protect from extremes of temperature in a controlled environment between 15 and 35°C, and away from direct sunlight.
DO NOT ALLOW THE PRODUCT TO FREEZE
Stored under the correct conditions, in original, unopened containers, the product will have a shelf life of 12 months.
|Solids Content (approx.)||27%|
|Colour||Clear or Red|
|Coverage (13kg Canister)||~128m2|
Directions to use
Surfaces should be clean, dry and free from grease, oil and dust. Excessive dust will impair performance. Concrete and screed floors should be fully cured with an effective damp proof membrane. See BS CP102 and BS 5325. For best results, the substrate and product should be bonded at temperatures between 15°C and 25°C.
Asphalt and surface membranes must be covered with at least 3mm of good quality smoothing compound.
Dusty or friable surfaces should be treated with a suitable primer. Underfloor heating should be turned off for 48 hours prior to and after the installation.
Attach a suitable spray nozzle to the contact glue spray gun. Use a spray adhesive gun with a 40cm extension so that the adhesive can be applied whilst standing.
Connect the hose to the canister and the spray gun to the hose and tighten the connections. If there are any leaks, tighten the connection at the source of the leak.
Open the valve on the canister. The valve should remain open until the canister is used up. Use the locking nut on the gun after use. Turning off the valve will result in the adhesive drying in the hose and gun causing blockages.
Hold the spray gun 10-20cm away at 90° to the surface and apply a uniform coat of adhesive, ensuring 80-100% coverage.
When the adhesive is dry and very tacky it is ready to have the flooring material bonded to it.
Porous substrates may require two applications.
Drying takes approximately 1 to 2 minutes depending on substrates, ambient temperature and humidity. Over spraying and pooling of the adhesive will increase drying.
After spraying, remove the spray gun tip and rinse with Solvent Cleaner before it has cured.
Keep the valve open and the hose attached to the canister until there is no more adhesive. If the hose is removed, clean through with solvent cleaner to prevent adhesive drying, which will cause the gun and hose to block. Turn the canister off before removing the hose.
All the information is based on practical experience and is published in good faith. However, because we have no control over the manner or conditions in which our products are used, or overwork undertaken or an end product manufactured by the purchaser, we cannot accept liability for results.
Responsibility for ascertaining the suitability of products for his purposes rests with the purchaser.
All conditions, representations, statements, warranties or guarantees whatsoever, whether express, implied or statutory, in respect of any goods manufactured, sold or supplied by us are hereby expressly excluded and we accept no liability in respect of any claim for damage or consequential loss caused to any property arising directly or indirectly out of the use of our products or goods.
Not sure if this spray adhesive is right for you?
If you are not if this contact adhesive tape is right for your individual requirements please do not hesitate to Contact our friendly sales team and we will be happy to help you.
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT) is only: £4.99
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is only: £5.99
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If in the unfortunate event that your goods are damaged in transit - or are accepted by PSA Solutions as being faulty due to factors beyond our control - you will be advised to return such goods and a full refund may be offered should you not require replacement goods being dispatched to you. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. It is your responsibility to check the goods in the presence of the courier, and if required note when signing that goods have been damaged. Alternatively just a signature will confirm that goods have been received in good order and that thereafter refunds may not be considered. Please contact us if you do experience any difficulties and we will try our best to help you.
Product questions for our: (A different size of this product)
- What is the coverage of your 17.5kg contact adhesive - Live Chat
- Hello, it really does depend on the substrate and the operator who is applying it. Can I ask what substrate you are applying it to? - Ian, Product Support Manager
- MDF to Laminate - Live Chat
- If you can bare with me I will look into this for you [Contact details given] - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Thanks - Live Chat
Product questions for our: Discontinued: 17KG Tuskbond ONE Spray Adhesive (A different size of this product)
- Hi, We are currently working in Holland and using contact adhesive to fit plastic wall panels to both concrete and Plasterboard walls. We have approx 450 m2. Can you please advise what would be best to use for your selection. We would require the spray gun also. Thanks in advance - Martin.
- Hi Martin, this product will be ideal for what you require - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi, We need to stick some acoustic timber panels that weigh approx 3kg each to a painted wall, would this product be suitable to fix them? Thanks Richard
- Hi Richard, yes this will be ideal for your application - Ian, Product Support Manager
Product questions for our: L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister 22L | 22KG (A different size of this product)
- Dear sir/madam, I hope my message finds you well. I am about to start a project where I need to glue some small pieces of plastic into a sheet of fabric. Now the small plastics are sitting together in a piece of tulle and I will jist glue them as they are onto the fabric. I just wanted to ask if you have any kind of adhesive that may be suitable for me in this case. I saw the L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive that mey fit my needs but any professional advice will be well received. Thank you in advance. Mr. Margarit
- Hello Margarit, and thank-you for your enquiry. The L22 would certainly suit your application, on the basis the plastic not too conformable, as this could signify a higher content of plasticisers. These could react with the glue. On that basis, L22 would be the way to go - Best Regards Matt, Product Support Manager
Reviews for this product from confirmed past customers
To qualify to be added below, the reviewer must have purchased this product from us.