The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
PSA1010, is a low noise polypropylene heavy duty carton sealing tape, carrying the same aggressive hotmelt adhesive but the surface is coated especially to reduce the noise of the tape unwinding.
This heavy duty packaging tape is ideal for volume users who are applying tape at speed with dispensers, due to its excellent mechanical resistance.
This tapes main features are that it has:
- Low noise
- High tensile strength
- Heavy duty tape
- Ideal for use with tape dispensers
Application surface information
Although self-adhesive tapes are usually compatible with most materials and application surfaces, some materials have anti-adhesive properties or low compatibility with the chemical composition of certain adhesives.
In some cases, adhesion may be affected by the excessive interaction between adhesive and material / surface. For this reason, carrying out a compatibility test is fundamental.
Condition of use
The tape should be applied at a temperature of 15°C and 25°C in a dry environment; it is advisable not to apply the tape at temperatures below 10°C.
Note that at lower or higher temperatures, the tape may react differently, depending on chemical composition or formulation.
For maximum efficiency please take the following into account:
- The substrate must be dry and free of dust
- Do not apply tape on surfaces which have been treated or contaminated with anti-adhesive materials
- Do not use paints which contain additives which may reduce adhesive properties
- The surface must be free of plasticizers or other chemical agents incompatible with the tape
- Tape adheres best to smooth surfaces
- When dealing with rough or irregular surfaces use tape with a higher adhesive coating weight
- Always test tape on a substrate to insure that there is no adhesive residue
It is recommended that tape be stored at a temperature of 15°C to 25°C with a maximum relative humidity of 65%; material must therefore be kept away from heat sources, if possible in its original packaging and avoid exposure to light. In case of storage at temperatures below 10°C tapes must be brought to room temperature before use.
The functional characteristics of the adhesive tapes are generally maintained for a period of no less than 12 months unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer.
|Technical Description||Technical Values|
|Backing||BOPP 35 µm|
|Adhesion||1.25N/M / 25mm|
|Tensile Strength||125 N/ 25mm|
|Elongation to Break||140%|
How to apply this tape
Surface preparation is paramount for achieving the required bond when using this pressure sensitive adhesive. Read our Surface Preparation and Application Guide for more information.
Not sure if this packaging tape is right for you?
If you are not if this self-adhesive tape is right for your individual requirements please do not hesitate to contact our friendly sales team and we will be happy to help you.
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT) is only: £5.99
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is from only: £5.99
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is from only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If in the unfortunate event that your goods are damaged in transit - or are accepted by PSA Solutions as being faulty due to factors beyond our control - you will be advised to return such goods and a full refund may be offered should you not require replacement goods being dispatched to you. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. It is your responsibility to check the goods in the presence of the courier, and if required note when signing that goods have been damaged. Alternatively just a signature will confirm that goods have been received in good order and that thereafter refunds may not be considered. Please contact us if you do experience any difficulties and we will try our best to help you.