The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
See our Starter Kit if you require the hose & gun for this pot?
This spray adhesive starter kit comes with everything you need to get up and running quickly. The 22KG TensorGrip® L40 Spray Adhesive, a 12FT Spray Adhesive Glue Hose, and the Spray Glue Gun.
TensorGrip® L40 is a 110Litre / 110KG pot of fast drying adhesive with good heat resistance, which is suitable for bonding a variety of materials to: sheet timber, metal and some hard plastics.
The L40 TensorGrip spray glue is a top-of-the-line adhesive product that offers exceptional bonding strength and versatility for a wide range of applications. Whether you're a professional tradesperson or a DIY enthusiast, this spray glue is an indispensable tool that you'll want in your toolkit.
Tacky Pressure-sensitive Glue
Its tacky pressure-sensitive properties make it ideal for: foam, fabrics, fibrous materials, some hard plastics and many other porous and non-porous substrates (to which immediate permanent bonds can be achieved by double-sided applications).
Fast Drying Formula
One of the standout features of the L40 TensorGrip is its fast-drying formula, which allows for rapid assembly and bonding of various materials such as foam, plastics, metal, and fabric. Its unique formula also ensures a long-lasting bond that remains strong even under the most challenging conditions.
With its adjustable nozzle and precise spray pattern, the L40 TensorGrip offers excellent control and coverage for even the most intricate projects. It's easy to use and provides a high-quality finish that is sure to impress.
Low odour and low mist spray
Another great benefit of the L40 TensorGrip is its low odor and low mist formulation, which makes it safe and pleasant to use in any workspace. Its non-chlorinated formula also makes it an eco-friendly and sustainable choice for those who are environmentally conscious.
Spray adhesive uses information
When it comes to this contact adhesive it can be used to bond materials on to the following materials.
- Sheet timber
- Standard laminate
- Some hard plastics
- Fibrous materials
- Many other porous and non-porous substrates
Coverage information for this spray glue
This contact adhesive can cover an area up to 4M2.
Advantages of this spray adhesive
When it comes to this contact adhesive it has many advantages. Some of those are:
- Good Heat Resistance
- High Solids
- Easy Application Control
This consistency of this contact adhesive is web like.
|Viscosity||300 cps 25°C sp#2, 30r.p.m.|
|Colour||Clear or red|
|System Flammability||Flammable adhesive in flammable propellant|
|Shear||> 150 p.s.i.|
|Tensile (180° Peel)||> 25 p.l.i.|
|90° Peel (6.25 sq.cm)||> 25 p.s.i.|
|Shear adhesion failure temp. (SAFT) 100gram||> 105°C|
|Heat resistance (25mm / 100gram)||105°C<|
|Dry time||1-3 minutes dependant on temperature & humidity|
|Open time||340 minutes|
Contact canister storage and canister change over instructions
To change over the canister, turn the valve on the canister into the off position, then spray out any remaining adhesive left in the hose.
Next, disconnect the spray hose and gun from the canister.
Reconnect the spray hose to a canister of cleaning solvent (sold separately) and spray out until liquid is clear - which indicates that the hose and gun are clean.
If you choose to leave the hose and spray gun on the canister, leave the valve on the canister open, and do not disconnect the hose & gun from the canister.
Close and lock the spray gun.
Handling & Storage Information
- Consult Material Safety Data Sheet prior to use
- DO NOT store at temperatures over 50°C
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight
- DO NOT store directly on a concrete floor
- For optimum performance, store at 18°C during use; but it must always be above 10°C
- When connected, keep the valve open and hose pressurised at all times
- DO NOT close the valve until ready to connect to new cylinder
- Release pressure in hose before disconnection
- Always test product to determine suitability for your particular application prior to use in production
How to use this contact spray adhesive
This glue is designed to be applied to two surfaces to be bonded together. Consequently, for best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 60°F - 80°F (16°C - 27°C).
Use with adequate ventilation, and when possible, we recommend shaking the canister well before using.
Attach and secure the hose tightly onto the spray gun with required tip, and attach the other end of the hose onto the canister.
Make sure the hose-valve connections are securely tight, and then open the valve on the canister slowly and fully, checking for leaks during this process. Then once open unlock the trigger on the spray gun to start spraying. It's as simple as that.
Prior to use, please check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate, and this glue may degrade some substrates.
- Make sure that surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc...
- Spray about 10-20 cm (4" - 8") away at a 90° angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface. If necessary, spray another coat of this adhesive in areas that appear to need more adhesive.
- Spray both surfaces to be bonded, one surface vertically and the other surface horizontally
- Allow 2 - 3 minutes for the adhesive to tack off until no adhesive transfers to the knuckle when touched.
- Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure.
- roller is recommended to apply a uniform pressure to achieve maximum strength.
- Allow 24 hours for the adhesive to fully cure.
- If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with solvent such as lacquer thinner or acetone. Do not use a pin on the spray tip orifice
All the information is based on practical experience and is published in good faith. However, because we have no control over the manner or conditions in which our products are used, or overwork undertaken, we cannot accept liability for results.
Responsibility for ascertaining the suitability of products for his purpose's rests with the purchaser.
All conditions, representations, statements, warranties or guarantees whatsoever, whether express, implied or statutory, in respect of any goods manufactured, sold or supplied by us are hereby expressly excluded and we accept no liability in respect of any claim for damage or consequential loss caused to any property arising directly or indirectly out of the use of our products or goods.
What types of materials can I bond with the L40 TensorGrip spray glue?
The L40 TensorGrip is suitable for bonding a wide range of materials, including foam, plastics, metal, fabric, and many more.
How long does it take for the L40 TensorGrip to dry?
The L40 TensorGrip has a fast-drying formula that allows for rapid assembly and bonding. It typically dries in just a few minutes, depending on the materials being bonded and the environmental conditions.
Can I adjust the spray pattern of the L40 TensorGrip?
Yes, the L40 TensorGrip features an adjustable nozzle that allows you to customize the spray pattern for different applications.
Is the L40 TensorGrip safe to use?
Yes, the L40 TensorGrip is a low-odor and low-mist formulation that is safe and pleasant to use in any workspace. It is also non-chlorinated and eco-friendly, making it a sustainable choice for those who are environmentally conscious.
Can I use the L40 TensorGrip on outdoor projects?
The L40 TensorGrip is not recommended for outdoor use as it may break down under prolonged exposure to sunlight and weather conditions.
How long does the bond created by the L40 TensorGrip last?
The bond created by the L40 TensorGrip is long-lasting and remains strong even under the most challenging conditions. The exact duration of the bond depends on the materials being bonded and the environmental conditions, but it can typically last for several years.
How do I clean up the L40 TensorGrip after use?
The L40 TensorGrip can be easily cleaned up using solvents such as acetone or mineral spirits. It's important to follow all safety precautions when working with solvents and to dispose of them properly.
Can I reposition the materials once I've bonded them with the L40 TensorGrip?
The L40 TensorGrip has a fast-drying formula, which means that once the materials are bonded, it can be difficult to reposition them. It's best to carefully align the materials before bonding them to ensure a proper fit.
How do I store the L40 TensorGrip?
The L40 TensorGrip should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from heat sources and direct sunlight. It's also important to keep the can upright and to use the product within its shelf life.
What safety precautions should I take when using the L40 TensorGrip?
It's important to wear gloves, safety glasses, and a respirator when using the L40 TensorGrip to protect yourself from the adhesive fumes. Additionally, make sure to work in a well-ventilated area and avoid inhaling the spray mist.
Can I use the L40 TensorGrip to bond heavy materials?
The L40 TensorGrip is a high-strength adhesive that can bond heavy materials. However, it's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and ensure that the surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry, and free of any contaminants.
Can I paint over the L40 TensorGrip?
Yes, the L40 TensorGrip can be painted over once it's fully cured. It's important to wait until the adhesive is completely dry before painting to ensure a proper bond.
Is the L40 TensorGrip waterproof?
The L40 TensorGrip is water-resistant but not waterproof. It can withstand exposure to light moisture but may break down under prolonged exposure to water or humidity.
How do I apply the L40 TensorGrip?
The L40 TensorGrip is applied using a spray nozzle. It's important to hold the can approximately 6-8 inches away from the surface to be bonded and to apply the adhesive in a sweeping motion, ensuring even coverage.
Overall, the L40 TensorGrip is a reliable and high-performance spray glue that is perfect for a variety of applications, from industrial and commercial use to DIY projects at home. With its exceptional bonding strength, fast-drying formula, and ease of use, it's a product that you can trust to deliver top-quality results every time.
Not sure if this spray adhesive is right for you?
If you are not sure if this contact adhesive is right for your individual requirements, please do not hesitate to Contact our friendly sales team and we will be happy to help you.
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT, Glue Pots, and shipping) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT, Glue pots and shipping) is only: £6.75
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is from only: £6.75
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is from only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If your goods are damaged in transit or deemed faulty due to factors beyond our control, we will advise you to return them. If you do not require replacement goods to be dispatched to you, we may offer a full refund. We provide this Returns Information to inform you of your responsibilities in the event of damaged or faulty goods. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. Checking the goods in the presence of the courier and noting any damages when signing is your responsibility. Alternatively, just a signature will confirm that you have received the goods in good order, and we may not consider refunds thereafter.
Product questions for our: Tuskbond Contact Spray Adhesive 500ml Snagging Cans - Class 0 Fire Rated (A different size of this product)
- Hi, Is the spray ideal for bonding foam together also is it ideal for bonding foam to wood Thank You David.
- Hi David, Yes both applications would be fine. Be sure to apply a layer of adhesive to both surfaces and then bring them together and apply pressure as the adhesive layers start to skin over - Ian, Product Support Manager
- we use acoustic panels made from semi rigid fibreglass and which to stick them to walls usually painted will this work and to what temperature? - Peter
- Hi Peter, Yes this should be fine, as long as you spray both surfaces and allow the adhesive to start skinning before bringing the surfaces together. This will withstand temperatures up to about 70�C. - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi Is this good to stick vinyl paper backed borders to painted walls? Is this a standalone can or would i need a gun to go with it? - Mark
- Hi Mark, Thank you for your enquiry. I would not recommend our Tuskbond adhesive for this application due to the solid content in the adhesive! This could possible result in an uneven surface once dry and may cause your border to discolour after a period of time. Our recommendation would be to use standard wallpaper paste - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi, I am looking for some spray contact adhesive to stick laminate to MDF. Normally I would use tuskbond canisters with a spray gun but as I am working on this as a small project rather than for work, I don't have the budget to buy the gun and 22l canister. what sprays can you recommend to get the job done? Thanks Sofia
- Hi Sofia, this product will be my recommendation for what you require - Ian, Product Support Manager
- I am looking at your Tuskbond heat resistant spray adhesive and you advertise it as Class 1 approved. Is this the highest fire rated spray adhesive you have or do you have others? - Julia (Live Chat)
- This is the highest we have currently julia. What is your application Julia? - Ian, Product Support Manager
- I want to glue fire rated fabric onto fire rated card. Do you have a certificate for this product to say it is compliant with Class 1? - Julia (Live Chat)
- Leave me your email address and i will get the tech info over to you this afternoon - Ian, Product Support Manager
Product questions for our: (A different size of this product)
- What is the coverage of your 17.5kg contact adhesive - Live Chat
- Hello, it really does depend on the substrate and the operator who is applying it. Can I ask what substrate you are applying it to? - Ian, Product Support Manager
- MDF to Laminate - Live Chat
- If you can bare with me I will look into this for you [Contact details given] - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Thanks - Live Chat
Product questions for our: 17KG Tuskbond ONE Spray Adhesive - Class 0 Fire Rated (A different size of this product)
- Hi, We are currently working in Holland and using contact adhesive to fit plastic wall panels to both concrete and Plasterboard walls. We have approx 450 m2. Can you please advise what would be best to use for your selection. We would require the spray gun also. Thanks in advance - Martin.
- Hi Martin, this product will be ideal for what you require - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi, We need to stick some acoustic timber panels that weigh approx 3kg each to a painted wall, would this product be suitable to fix them? Thanks Richard
- Hi Richard, yes this will be ideal for your application - Ian, Product Support Manager
Product questions for our: L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister 22L | 17.5KG (A different size of this product)
- Dear sir/madam, I hope my message finds you well. I am about to start a project where I need to glue some small pieces of plastic into a sheet of fabric. Now the small plastics are sitting together in a piece of tulle and I will jist glue them as they are onto the fabric. I just wanted to ask if you have any kind of adhesive that may be suitable for me in this case. I saw the L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive that mey fit my needs but any professional advice will be well received. Thank you in advance. Mr. Margarit
- Hello Margarit, and thank-you for your enquiry. The L22 would certainly suit your application, on the basis the plastic not too conformable, as this could signify a higher content of plasticisers. These could react with the glue. On that basis, L22 would be the way to go - Best Regards Matt, Product Support Manager
Tuskbond Contact Spray Adhesive 500ml Snagging Cans - Class 0 Fire Rated
17KG Tuskbond ONE Spray Adhesive - Class 0 Fire Rated
Spray Adhesive Starter Kit - 17.5KG TensorGrip L40 | 12FT Hose & Spray Glue Gun
22L L72 One Way Stick Urethane Spray Adhesive
22L H45 - KoolTherm Panel Spray Adhesive
22L H30 - Extra Hi-Grab HVAC GP Polystyrene Spray Adhesive
L40 Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Spray Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG
L40 Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister - 110Litre | 110KG
L17 Hi Temperature Resistant Web Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG - Class 1 Fire Rated
L17 Hi Temperature Resistant Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister - 110 Litre | 110KG - Class 1 Fire Rated
L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister 22L | 17.5KG
L40 Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Can - 500ML
H50 Hi Temp Polystyrene Spray Adhesive / Glue Canister 22L | 17.5KG
L22 Non-Mecl Fine Web Spray Adhesive / Glue Aerosol Can 500ML
110L H45 - KoolTherm Panel Spray Adhesive
L66 Solid Surface Compatible Spray Contact Adhesive / Glue 22 Litre
TensorGrip L71 Spray Adhesive Glue - Plasticiser Resistant Vinyl Spray Canister Adhesive / Glue 22 Litre
TensorGrip L21 - Non-Mecl General Purpose Contact Spray Canister Adhesive / Glue 22 Litre
TensorGrip L19 - High Performance Laminate & Edging Spray Pot Adhesive / Glue 22 Litre
TensorGrip LP61 - Platinum Web Spray Canister Contact Adhesive / Glue 22 Litre
TensorGrip L21 - Non-Mecl General Purpose Contact Spray Canister Adhesive / Glue 110 Litre
L17 Hi Temperature Resistant Web Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Can - 500ml - Class 1 Fire Rated
LP64 Platinum Mist Spray Contact Adhesive
L44 DCM Free Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Spray Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG
Reviews for this product from confirmed past customers
To qualify to be added below, the reviewer must have purchased this product from us.
The following reviews are from other sizes of this product
Product reviews for our: Tuskbond Contact Spray Adhesive 500ml Snagging Cans - Class 0 Fire Rated (A different size of this product)
Its a great product, delivered promptly. Entirely satisfied!
Product reviews for our: Spray Adhesive Starter Kit - 17.5KG TensorGrip L40 | 12FT Hose & Spray Glue Gun (A different size of this product)
Great product 5 Sent from my iPhone
Was doubtful when finding the product online. I wanted an easier option than Evo Stik cans that you spread on. The guy I spoke to ran through what i needed. The packaging was not that good but product not damaged. I must say for bonding Formica to birch ply it’s absolutely brilliant. Spray pattern is very accurate and no waste and more importantly no sticky hands. I would 100% recommend this product. Also it works out cheaper than evo stick Kindest regards
Product reviews for our: L40 Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Spray Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG (A different size of this product)
EXCELLENT service and product at the best price I could find
We at T&R Roofing have used this glue on several edpm flat roofs and it has performed excellant giving it a first class bonding and an excellent adhesive bond. We have recommended this glue to other roofing companies. We will be ordering our 4th bottle very soon.
Product reviews for our: L17 Hi Temperature Resistant Web Contact Spray Adhesive / Glue Pot - 22Litre | 17.5KG - Class 1 Fire Rated (A different size of this product)
Hell of a good product, we fit white panel cladding , just going to order another cylinder. Love to be able to return the empty cylinders.