The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
Our 50g Bondloc Steel-Reinforced Repair Epoxy Putty Stick is a hand kneadable, speciality epoxy putty that mixes in 1 minute for permanent repairs to many substrates. This putty contains a fading black dye that becomes grey after mixing.
It may be applied underwater (fresh or salt), and bonds to: fibreglass, metal, wood, concrete and glass. This type of putty will not yellow with exposure to UV, and hardens in 10 minutes, back in service in an hour, with it becoming full strength in 24 hours.
This adhesive putty is ideal for the following uses:
- Repairing tanks and drums
- Patching holes in pipes
- Stopping leaks
- Repairing porosity holes in castings
- Fibreglass crack sealer / sealant
- Wood epoxy putty
- Waterproof putty
Instructions for use
Proper surface preparation is essential to a successful application. The following procedures should be considered:
Degrease the surface, oil, grease and dirt must be removed before applying any epoxy material.
All surfaces must be thoroughly roughened ideally by grit blasting (8-40 mesh grit), or by grinding with a coarse wheel or abrasive disc pad. An abrasive disc may be used provided white metal is revealed. This creates an increased surface area for better adhesion. A 3-5 mil profile is desired for an application.
Do not "feather edge" epoxy materials. Epoxy materials must be "locked up" by defined edges and a good 3-5 mil profile.
Metal that has been handling seawater or other salt solutions should be grit blasted and high-pressure water blasted and left overnight to allow any salts in the metal to "sweat" to the surface: repeat blasting to "sweat out" all the soluble salts.
A test for chloride contamination should be performed prior to any epoxy application.
The maximum soluble salts left on the substrate should be no more than 40p.p.m (parts per million).
Under cold working conditions, heating the repair area to 38°C - 43°C immediately before applying is recommended. This procedure dries off any moisture, contamination or solvents and assists the epoxy in achieving maximum adhesion to the substrate.
All prepared surfaces should be repaired as soon as possible, to eliminate any changes or surface contaminants.
This epoxy is very good in water, saturated salt solutions, leaded gasoline, mineral spirits, ASTM # 3 oil and propylene glycol.
However, please note this product is generally not recommended for long term exposure to concentrated acids and organic solvents.
For immersion applications this product is not recommended.
Twist or cut off the required amount from stick. Then knead with fingers to a uniform colour. All black colour dye must be gone and uniform pure grey colour is left. Apply to surface to be repaired within 2 minutes of mixing. The mixed epoxy does not show much bond strength at this time but can be kneaded or formed into any cracks or holes to be filled. Once set this can then be sanded and painted as required.
|Colour||Black, changes to grey after mixing|
|Service Temperature Range||–40°C – +121°C continuous|
|10% Sulphuric acid||Fair|
|10% Hydrochloric acid||Fair|
|Chlorinated solvents||Very good|
|10% sodium hydroxide||Excellent|
Health & Safety Information
This adhesive contains epoxy resin and may cause skin irritation in sensitive individuals. Unnecessary skin contact should, therefore, be avoided. If skin contact occurs, wash with a proprietary hand cleaner, followed by washing with soap and water.
In case of eye contact, flush with clean water for at least 15 minutes, and then seek medical attention. When fully cured, the product can be considered non-toxic. Always keep this adhesive away from foodstuffs and food utensils.
Store in cool conditions, preferably away from direct sunlight or excessive heat. Shelf life at least 24 months @ 24°C.
Not sure if this steel plastic epoxy is right for you?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is right for your individual requirements please do not hesitate to Contact our friendly sales team and we will be happy to help you.
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT) is only: £4.99
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is only: £5.99
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If in the unfortunate event that your goods are damaged in transit - or are accepted by PSA Solutions as being faulty due to factors beyond our control - you will be advised to return such goods and a full refund may be offered should you not require replacement goods being dispatched to you. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. It is your responsibility to check the goods in the presence of the courier, and if required note when signing that goods have been damaged. Alternatively just a signature will confirm that goods have been received in good order and that thereafter refunds may not be considered. Please contact us if you do experience any difficulties and we will try our best to help you.
Product questions for our: 50g Bondloc Aqua Underwater-Reinforced Repair Epoxy Putty Stick (A different size of this product)
- Require a tape to fix a leaking lead water outlet on a balcony - Gary
- Good morning Gary, thank-you for your enquiry. This is the putty we would recommend - Matt, Product Support Manager
- Recently a couple of the S/S stantions on my boat were damaged in a storm. The S/S fixing screws (not bolts) have pulled out from the timber rail that is encapsulated within the fibreglass decking. Would your B2007 Structural Adhesive Aqua Epoxy Putty be suitable to fill the existing damaged screw holes, drill pilot holes and reinsert the screws? - Don
- Hi Don, Thank-you for your enquiry. I would recommend this product for your application. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further help or information. Best Regards - Matt, Product Support Manager
- Will this epoxy fix a crack in a concrete water feature bowl ? Also can it be over painted ? - Ken
- Good Morning Ken, and thank you for your enquiry. The Aqua putty can be used to seal the crack, providing there is no more movement in the main concrete structure itself. You will be able to paint over the product once it has hardened off - Ian, Product Support Manager