The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
Next day delivery available for Mainland UK orders placed in the next:(Orders are dispatched at 12pm each day)
Grey Structural Acrylic Gel Foam Tapes With Red Liner
What is Grey Structural Acrylic Gel Foam Tapes With Red Liner?
These Grey Structural Acrylic Gel Tapes are ideal for powdered coated surfaces, Low application temperatures and LSE. Alongside this, this tape provides a good combination of adhesion to low surface energy surfaces, conformability and initial tack, which has been specifically formulated for applications in low temperatures approaching freezing.
These gel tapes are stocked from arguably some of the best and leading global manufacturers of adhesives.
Grey White Structural Acrylic Gel Tapes Sizes
These adhesive tapes are available in the following sizes:
- 6mm x 1.2mm x 33 Metre
- 12mm x 1.2mm 33 Metres
- 25mm x 1.2mm x 33 Metres
What are Grey Structural Acrylic Gel Tapes used for
These adhesive tapes have the following uses and are ideal for bonding to:
- High energy surfaces
- Point of Sale (POS)
- Signage industries for demanding applications
Features and benefits information
These tapes have several key features & benefits. These include:
- That this tape isolates dissimilar metals
- That it is virtually invisible
- That it has a high temperature tolerant
- That it is solvent /moisture resistant
- That it has a high cleavage strength
- That it leaves surface intact
Along with this, these structural acrylic gel tapes have:
- Excellent high performance capabilities
- High resilient performance in all weather conditions
- Load and stress properties, which spread both of these across the plane of the bond - there are no stress points that arise with mechanical fixings
- The ability to stop metal fatigue and mechanical degradation - that you get with fixings such as screws, nuts and bolts
- Properties such as: vibration, dampening, shock, absorption, sealing, thermal expansion or contraction to take up conformability
- Aesthetic enhancement - no screw heads are visible
- Has great invisible fixing and bonding properties
- Properties that help to reduce re-finishing work, touching up and clean up time which is required with other forms of bonding fixing
- The ability to be: quick to use, clean, safe, economic, and improves productivity
- The ability to not damage substrates to be bonded - no mechanical fixing punctures / holes
- Properties which help: stop rusting, to allow a complete seal to be achieved
How much of this tape do you need to use in an application?
How much tape you need to use depends on a number of factors. These factors include:
- What are the substrates to be bonded?
- What is the load bearing, is it static or dynamic?
- Is the material subjected to exposure to extremes of weather, etc...?
- Is there constant force or spasmodic forces affecting the bond?
- To help you understand what is right for you, as a general rule 0.025m2/kg of tape should be used to hold 1kg in a static situation. However, this will vary from application to application
There is a safety factor built into this equation; but, you should always test the tape in your own application thoroughly.
This foamed acrylic tape will hold substantial loads, but a safety factor is important in: critical structural applications.
Who are Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Solutions?
PSA Solutions Ltd, are: Grey Structural Acrylic Gel Tapes Suppliers, based in Leicestershire, UK.
We have a large range of: Acrylic Tapes, in our Leicester warehouse, ready to be dispatched - normally - within 2-3 days.
So if you can not see the adhesive you are looking for contact our friendly sales team for free advice.
Where can I find out more?
To find out even more technical information about acrylic please see this Wikipedia page.