The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
Next day delivery available for Mainland UK orders placed in the next:(Orders are dispatched at 12pm each day)
Clear Gel Foam Tape With Red Liner | Structural Acrylic
What is Clear Gel Foam Tape With Red Liner | Structural Acrylic?
Our clear gel foam tapes will create a permanent reliable bond for either: indoor or outdoor applications and their structure will allow for differential rates of expansion - if bonding dissimilar materials.
Thick foamed structural acrylic gel tape with red liners are ideal for bonding: glass, clear plastics and other applications which require an invisible bond line. These foams are: soft, tacky and conformable, and acts as a very good seal and bonding tape.
Industries, where this tape has an ideal application uses include; but, not limited to: solar energy industry, glass partitions industry, windows industry, doors and safety glass manufacture.
These Gel tapes are sourced from some of the leading tape manufacturers.
Foamed Clear Structural Acrylic Gel Tapes Sizes
These structural tapes are available in the following sizes:
- 6mm x 0.5mm x 33 Metres
- 6mm x 1mm x 33 Metres
- 6mm x 2mm x 33 Metres
- 12mm x 0.5mm x 33 Metres
- 12mm x 1mm x 33 Metres
- 12mm x 2mm x 33 Metres
- 19mm x 1mm x 33 Metres
- 25mm x 0.5mm x 33 Metres
- 25mm x 1mm x 33 Metres
- 25mm x 2mm x 16.5 Metres
Thickness to select
The thickness of tape selected should depend on the following factors
- The rigidity of the substrates to be bonded
- The irregular nature of the two surfaces
- The amount of pressure to be applied to ensure good adhesive 'wet out'
- The mismatch of the two surfaces must be less than half the tape thickness to ensure good surface contact under pressure
- To ensure good adhesive 'wet out' a test piece of the substrate - that has an uneven surface - should be bonded to a clear acrylic under pressure. This will allow you to see what the contact area is
- Semi-flexible materials such as some PVC materials, with a memory need thicker tape to distribute the stress resulting from the memory of the material
- Choosing the correct thickness of tape will ensure that the ultimate bond will be achieved
Foamed Clear Structural Acrylic Gel Tapes Application Use
These structural tapes are used for the following types of applications:
- Bonding glass
- Bonding clear plastics
- Bonding applications which require an invisible bond line
- Solar industry
- Glass partitions
- Safety glass
- POS - Point of Sale
- Glass in general
Clear Gel Tape Features & Benefits Information
These adhesive tapes have several key features & benefits. These include:
- That this tape isolates dissimilar metals
- That it is virtually invisible
- That it has a high temperature tolerant
- That it is solvent / moisture resistant
- That it has a high cleavage strength
- That it leaves surface intact
Buy in bulk and save
All the tapes in this range come with bulk buying options - therefore the more you buy, the more you save.
What makes our Viscoelastic foamed acrylic gel tapes bond so well?
The viscoelastic properties of these types of tapes allow the adhesive to flow into the microscopic surface of the materials being bonded.
The adhesive bond is therefore very strong when there is good wet out, enabling maximum adhesive contact under pressure with the substrates to be bonded.
Abrading the surface to be bonded actually improves the strength of the bond. This abrading creates a rough surface for a greater area for the adhesive to key into.
Along with this the elastic characteristics of the foam adhesive, give it very good internal cohesive strength to support loads in both: static and dynamic shear.
This also gives the foam very good peel adhesion strength and is soft and very flexible which means it has great conformability.
This type of adhesive also has a very good elasticity due to the high internal cohesive strength of the foam and will go around curves well.
A sample of the Reviews for some of our Double Sided Banner Adhesive Tapes in this range
Don't take our word for it, see what some of our past customers have said about products in this range.
Tech advice 5
Who are Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Solutions?
PSA Solutions Ltd, are: Clear Gel Foam Tape Suppliers, based in Leicestershire, UK.
We have a large range of: Acrylic Tapes, in our Leicester warehouse, ready to be dispatched - normally - within 2-3 days.
So if you can not see the adhesive you are looking for contact our friendly sales team for free advice.
Where can I find out more?
To find out even more technical information about acrylic please see this Wikipedia page.