The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
PSA0022 is a: 25mm x 10 Metre PIB Polyisobutylene Self Amalgamating Tape are designed for insulation of joints, water tight seals, pipe protection, repairs leaking plumbing joints, water pipes etc...
These tapes are a strong self-amalgamating Polyisobutylene (PIB) elastic tape possessing excellent high voltage properties, ozone resistance, water resistance and the ability to protect against corrosion.
There is no right or wrong side to Polyisobutylene tape, no sticky adhesives to pick up foreign matter or to tangle together during application in close tolerances.
This Self-amalgamating tape quickly fuses into a solid mass. As a result, it protects against ozone, water, sunlight and corrosion, and has a high dielectric strength.
Alongside this it has excellent ageing and weathering characteristics, and conforms to irregular surfaces and shapes, while leaving no sticky residue.
The recommended uses for this adhesive tape are:
- Primarily designed for the insulation of joints and terminations of high voltage power and distribution cable systems
- Acts as an excellent water tight seal in many jointing applications - especially in polyethylene sleeve joints on telephone cables both above and below ground
- Particularly good for pipe protection against corrosion and damage
- Repairs leaking plumbing joints, water pipes, and garden hoses
- Ideal for numerous caravan, camping and leisure activities
- Emergency repairs to radiator / Engine hose and auto electronics
Each roll is 10 metres.
|Colour||Black & White|
|Elongation at break||425%|
|Water Absorption||0% at 23°C|
|Ozone||Passed D-1373 - 1 month|
|Dielectric Constant||2,500 cycles|
|Power Factor||1.5 cycles|
|Volume Resistivity||3.92 x 10^15 Ohm-cm|
|Temperature Range||-30°C to 1007deg;C|
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT, Glue Pots, and shipping) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT, Glue pots and shipping) is only: £6.75
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is from only: £6.75
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is from only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If your goods are damaged in transit or deemed faulty due to factors beyond our control, we will advise you to return them. If you do not require replacement goods to be dispatched to you, we may offer a full refund. We provide this Returns Information to inform you of your responsibilities in the event of damaged or faulty goods. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. Checking the goods in the presence of the courier and noting any damages when signing is your responsibility. Alternatively, just a signature will confirm that you have received the goods in good order, and we may not consider refunds thereafter.
- Hi there, We have attempted to install a mains automatic water top-up system to a water fountain, the two parts are a plastic gland which has a smooth internal finish, and a ridged plastic connector. The two go together very loosely with lots of play, so we used CT1 Power Grab 'n' Bond, however this has failed and appears not to have adhered to the type of plastic. I am hoping that this product will cure solid as well as adhere to the plastic, therefore creating a lasting solution for fitting the top-up system. I look forward to your swift response regarding this matter and am hoping that this, or another of your products, will be the solution that we're looking for. Kind regards, Hugh
- Hi Hugh, thank you for getting in touch. The best match product for this application is our Self Amalgamating Tape as it amalgamates to itself forming a mass, similar to a sleeve - Matt, Product Support Manager