The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
PSA302, is a 50mm x 1mm x 10 Metre Butyl Membrane Jointing & Sealing Tape is an extruded butyl back two faced tape designed for use with: joining membranes used in the building and construction industry to prevent the passage of water and or air - for example for damp proof membranes and vapour control layers, or for use on: washing machines - this tape is the perfect Air tight sealing tape.
This tape is suitable to join two pieces of Butyl liner in a pond, sealing deck hardware on boats, hold permanently to polycarbonate sheets and similar applications.
Main application uses for this membrane tape include
This tape is ideal for use in the following applications or known as:
- Alkaline joint tape
- Membrane tape
- Join two pieces of Butyl liner in a pond
- Sealing deck hardware on boats
- Hold permanently to polycarbonate sheets
- For use on washing machines
- Waterproof roofing tape
- Waterproof joint sealing tape
- Roofing joint membrane
- Pond flexible flashing tape
- Flexible waterproof tape
Main features of this tape
This tape has:
- Good adhesion to a wide range of substrates.
- Easy and accurate to use with little waste and no mess.
- The softer composition makes this product highly conformable.
- High tack.
- Remains flexible throughout its service life.
- Conforms to IVD Instruction Sheet No.5
Apply this tape directly from the reel onto one surface and press sufficiently along its whole length to achieve good initial adhesion. Remove backing paper, offer other surface to the butyl tape and push firmly to seal across the joint.
The use of a roller to roll the joint, using firm pressure, is highly recommended to get a good bond.
Surface preparation advice
All surfaces should be clean, dry and free from: frost, grease and loose materials. When cleaning contaminated substrates, we recommend that propan-2-ol (IPA) is used and allowed to dry prior to the application of the butyl tape.
This Butyl Membrane Tape has a shelf life of: 24 months, when stored flat in original packaging in cool, dry conditions.
|Technical Description||Unit||Normal Value||Test Method|
|Dynamic Tensile Adhesion||N/cm2||19||H5|
|Dynamic Shear Adhesion||N/cm2||13||H!5|
|T-Peel Adhesion to 250 micron PE membrane||N/cm||12||H45|
|180° Peel Adhesion||N/cm||14||H41|
|Specific Gravity||g/cm3||1.6||DIN EN ISO 10563|
|Moisture Vapour Transmission Rate||g/m2/24hr/mm||0.16||ISO9932 / BS ISO 15106|
|Service Temperature Range||°C||-40 to +90|
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT) is only: £4.99
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is only: £5.99
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If in the unfortunate event that your goods are damaged in transit - or are accepted by PSA Solutions as being faulty due to factors beyond our control - you will be advised to return such goods and a full refund may be offered should you not require replacement goods being dispatched to you. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. It is your responsibility to check the goods in the presence of the courier, and if required note when signing that goods have been damaged. Alternatively just a signature will confirm that goods have been received in good order and that thereafter refunds may not be considered. Please contact us if you do experience any difficulties and we will try our best to help you.
- Can this tape be used on the underside of a membrane - Paul
- Good morning Paul, and thank you for your enquiry. This product is used as a lapping tape for membranes, so would be fine for this application - Matt, Product Support Manager
- Hi, please can you tell me the thickness of this product. Many thanks - Adrian
- Hi Adrian Thank you for your enquiry today, the total thickness of this product is 1mm - Kerry, Customer Support Manager
- Hi, is this suitable to join two pieces of Butyl liner in a pond? - Chris
- Hi Chris, yes it is suitable for this application - Ian, Product Support Manager
Product questions for our: 4mm Bead x 12 Metres Butyl Sealant Tape High Performance GCA (A different size of this product)
- Can this be used to seal the glass and frame around the outside of the shower enclosurer instead of silicone, if so, how much better would it be? - Rajesh
- Hello and thank-you for your enquiry Rajesh. This butyl tape will not cure solid, and stays flexible, so I wouldn’t recommend it for this application - Matt, Product Support Manager
- Could you please advise if your 4mm bead is suitable for bedding greenhouse glass onto aluminium base. Thanks - Harry
- Hi Harry, yes this product is suitable for this application - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi will this tape be okay for re sealing my car sunroof - Paul
- The gca will form a flexible weather seal, yes - Ian, Product Support Manager
Product questions for our: 6mm Bead x 8 Metres High Performance GCA Butyl Sealant Tape (A different size of this product)
- Hello, I’m looking for some advice please Ref: 6mm Bead x 8 M Butyl Sealant Tape I have a skylight in my conservatory, UPVC, which has just started leaking I have been looking for ways to prevent this and came across your web site. The skylight is set at an angle of approx 30deg from horizontal. It has a rubber seal consisting of 2 runs about 1mm high and 3mm apart attached to the frame this seals against the flat surface of the skylight. I suspect it has gone hard over the years causing the leak. I’m assuming that it is only adhesive on one side and it looks as if it is hollow so would compress. Could you advise if this tape would for the repair, I’m assuming that it will compress quite thin.? If not, could you recommend a suitable alternative? Thank you Regards Peter Michell
- Hello and thank you for your enquiry. This tape is a flexible putty type product, but Butyl. It will compress and form a water seal - Matt, Product Support Manager
Product questions for our: 9mm x 3mm x 13 Metres High Performance GCA Butyl Sealant Tape (A different size of this product)
- Hi - I'm trying to source BLACK Butyl tape. 3mm thick - 10-15mm wide. I'm using it in a Marine application. Can you help??
- Hello, and thank-you for your enquiry. The nearest we could offer would be 9mm x 3mm x 13m. 9mm is the widest we offer - Matt, Product Support Manager
- Want to stop internal leaks between glass and wood - Sandy
- Hi Sandy, please take a look at our GCA butyl sealant range - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi, which butyl tape sealant would you recommend for sealing deck hardware on a boat? For example, a metal cleat or stanchion so as to seal the bolt fastenings going through the fibreglass. Kind regards - John
- Hi John, depending on the surface area you have to work with, you could use either our GCA range or the membrane jointing tapes - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Hi which if any of the butyl tape sizes would you recommend for sealing a yacht window thanks - Liam
- Hi Liam, all sizes of our GCA Butyl's are appropriate, it just depends on the size of your windows - Ian, Product Support Manager
Reviews for this product from confirmed past customers
To qualify to be added below, the reviewer must have purchased this product from us.
After years of trying to make an artificial stream in my garden and being thwarted each winter when the cement lining cracked, I finally decided to use a liner. The only problem was how to fix the liner so that its edge just cleared the water level. I then found this wonderful product and have successfully used it to stick the liner to bare rock. It is also useful for securing the inevitable creases that form in the liner. I have found that it works equally well on butyl and on plastic liners. Highly recommended.
Thank – you Just what was required Postage 1st class arrived next day Will recommend you in the future Many thanks
This is a great tape for my needs, which is primarily joining together of root barrier membrane sheets. As long as I ensure the areas needing to be taped are clean and dry I do not think I could find a better tape for the job - 5/5
5*. Excellent product for sealing heron peck holes in my butyl pond liner. Great service to boot.
This product i found very useful in an application it probably is not intended for I used it for sealing timber to brickwork. It as proved to be very effective. Excellent product. Regards Adrian Davies
I needed this Tape to attach a wide strip of butyl to the bottom of a timber shed wall to prevent water seeping inside the shed through the gap between the wall and the concrete base. So far this has been very successful as the tape has provided an effective and durable seal and should prevent the base of the wall suffering water damage. As far as I am concerned the quality of the product is very good with excellent adhesion to both the butyl and the timber. I would score it 5/5
The following reviews are from other sizes of this product
Product reviews for our: 4mm Bead x 12 Metres Butyl Sealant Tape High Performance GCA (A different size of this product)
The sealant tape we bought from PSA Solutions was good quality and at the right price.
We used it as a lap tape for 6000 square feet of profile sheeting and associated flashings.
We have no hesitation in recommending this product and will use it again on the next roofing job we undertake.
Embee Properties Ltd
Very effective product easy to handle. Resealed the sunroof of my son’s Clio very well. 5/5
Product was exactly what I was looking for and was perfect for the job in hand, i.e. glazing repairs to fairly elderly greenhouse. Rating 1 - 5 is 5 for this application.
£15 per roll from amazon £3.75 from psa soulutions say no more
This is an excellent product and very good service from this company. SH
I'm in the process of rebuilding my VW bus from the ground up. The underfloor, after painting with epoxy paint, needed all the seams and gaps sealing. I wanted to use a product that was easier to use than brushable and tube applied sealers. I wanted to find a sealant on a roll if I could. I did a web search and found PSA Solutions who ticked the right box. Great choice and great descriptions of their range of butyl tape and an ease to order from. Delivery was extra fast (2 days). The tape was very easy to apply and very adhesive to the panels ( don't get it stuck to itself when applying !) and also looked really neat and tidy, just what I wanted it to look like. This process will be followed up with anti stone chip paint and topcoat. Customer service was also excellent. Thanks team. Product 5 out of 5 Service 5 out of 5
Product reviews for our: 6mm Bead x 8 Metres High Performance GCA Butyl Sealant Tape (A different size of this product)
Great product, work wonderfully for sealing door panel of my Seat Leon mk1. Easy ordering process, fast delivery, good quality product.
I used this product to seal the windscreen trim on my wife's fiesta. It seems to be doing the job OK. But I should have used the 4mm sealant as the 6 was a little too thick.
The mastic tape is a very effective seal 100% waterproof Easy to apply and easily managed
5 star I use this for adhering a moister hygrometer to a subfloor To determine the amount of moister in a floor. Far cheaper than my trade suppliers and delivery Was spot on too.
I used this product to install and seal a Motorhome Roof light in to my Citroen Relay van. Because of the ribs on the roof I was finding it difficult to just seal properly with silicon sealant. After doing abit of internet searching I came across PSA Solutions found this product. It has exceeded my expectations considering to excellent price. The roof light has not leaked even with strong winds , heavy rain and travelling up the motorway at 70mph. If your looking for an excellent sealing product then I would highly recommend it.
Needed to replace the glass in 2 Velux windows. As Velux overhaul kits very expensive decided to buy the glass locally. Not possible to get original glass at 3-10-3 however 4-8-4 is available and also has an E coating so not much different. Needed a sealant when replacing and the original 5.5 mm Velux butyl sealing bead is ridiculously expensive so purchased from PSA at a very reasonable price. Size is not critical and 6 mm has worked fine. If I had purchased all from Velux cost would have been about GBP 160. Using PSA sealant and local supplied glass the cost was about GBP 65. So overall I would give a score of 5 to PSA both for quality and price.
Hi, I would give this 5 stars. I used the 6mm butyl bead to seal the overlaps on some secondhand profile sheeting that I was using to re-sheet a large roof. Being second hand the sheeting was uneven along its edges so I needed quite a thick bead. This bead from PSA was ideal. It was tacky enough to stick to worn surfaces and easy to apply. It was an also a great price and was delivered quickly. I would definitely use PSA again.
Product reviews for our: 9mm x 3mm x 13 Metres High Performance GCA Butyl Sealant Tape (A different size of this product)
Sealant tape worked fine, just as expected. Good value and excellent service. 5 out of 5
I don’t know - it might even have been you that I spoke to on the phone. ?
I ordered the sealant tape from you one day – and was so impressed that it arrived the very next day that I rung the number for PSA Solutions and explained that, with so many brickbats flying around, it’s great to be able to throw a bouquet. ‘THANK you’, I said, ‘for being so brilliantly efficient, it’s greatly appreciated and I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending you to others. All power to your elbow and long may you keep it up’ etc. Was it you I spoke to, perhaps – or a delightful sounding colleague of yours?? Anyway, I was quite genuine in my call – it was excellent, prompt service and I was happy to telephone and say so.
What’s it for? I’m constructing a versatile garden building – it could be a garden office, it could have a Ping-Pong table in it, it could be an artists studio, you could store garden furniture in it. Whilst I’m here, it’ll be a carpentry/joinery workshop. 3x2 insulated stud walls, wrinkly tin roof (with your sealant tape), skylights, wood cladding on two sides; corrugated iron on the backsides. Interior space 20x12foot with 20x8ft decking at the front, covered over by corrugated polycarbonate (see through) roofing to keep the rain off when I work outside. Can’t wait to get it finished, and I can’t wait for these flipping winter storms to abate a bit as well!!
Incidentally, and by way of contrast, - at the same time that I ordered the sealant tape from you at PSA, I also ordered 12 cans of expanding foam filler from a different supplier – for the underside of the corrugated iron roof, before I put up some 60mm Celotex insulation, I think it was the 8th December(?) – it arrived on the eighth of January. Not to put too fine a point on it – In The Following YEAR! !!! I was palmed off with two or three episodes of BS about couriers - - twice they said “Give us your address and we’ll chase up the couriers.” - Eh?? – You should HAVE my address as part and parcel of an Amazon order. The order number’s staring you in the face. You HAVE my address, you muppet!” Not impressed at all.
So it was really good to be able to ring you when the goods arrived so quickly and offer a genuine and sincere compliment for your swift and efficient service.
Thank you again With warm regards
Good range of products. The material was exactly what I expected. Price was competitive. Delivery was prompt. Based on my experience, if you want butyl tape, I can recommend PSA Solutions.
5 out of 5. I ordered this tape in two sizes to replace the leaking seals on my boat windows and it was an exact match, was easy to apply and worked a treat. The most impressive thing however was the service I received from PSA solutions. The product was a great price, ordering was simple without the need to set up an account and I received the parcel the next day. I would recommend PSA without hesitation. Neil
Excellent product way superior to gun sealants 5 out of 5
Excellent quality and service.
Product reviews for our: 6mm x 5mm x 9.6 Metres High Performance GCA Butyl Sealant Tape (A different size of this product)
Hi Great Service, packed well received very quickly. Perfect product for the job sealing laps on roofing sheets, very easy to use.
Tape spot on 5 stars 5 star service contacted company for info on tapes . they were really helpful. tape was used for a water seal on edging stones around a pond . cheaper and less messy than using silicone spot on and thanks. Simon Jones.
Product reviews for our: 15mm x 22 Metres High Performance GCA Butyl Sealant Tape (A different size of this product)
Stephen Howard ·
This a great product if your doing any timber frame work with a vapor barrier or timber clad. What's even better it's a very good price