The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
PSA0016A is a 50mm x 50 Metre Anti Shatter Mirror Backing Tape. This anti shatter mirror backing tape is a 91 micron clear polyester tape that is used as an anti-shatter / mirror backing tape. If the mirror glass is broken, this laminated backing tape keeps all the glass in place, & prevents it from shattering into thousands of dangerous shards.
This is a biaxially oriented polypropylene safety backing tape, coated with a special acrylic based pressure sensitive adhesive. It has high tack, high adhesion which give it excellent holding power.
Safety classificationsThe safety classifications of this backing tape are that it has been:
- Tested as B.S. 6206 class B&C for mirror safety backing
- Approved Wintech certificate number R2830/08/1824
- Conforms to BSEN 12600 2B2 and 2C2
This tape's main features are that it:
- is anti-shatter
- Keeps glass shards more together upon breakage - avoiding lots of shards
- is highly tacky
- has a high adhesion
- has excellent holding power
- is ideally suited as a mirror and or glass adhesive backing tape
This anti shatter polyester tape is idea for the following applications:
- Bonding to mirrors as a backing tape
- Bonding to glass as a backing tape
It is essential that consistent pressure is applied when laminating pressure sensitive adhesive systems to substrates such as glass. Slightly elevated temperatures will also assist with instant grab.
Surface preparation is also paramount for achieving the required bond when using this pressure sensitive adhesive. Read our Surface Preparation and Application Guide for more information.
Not sure if this tape is right for you, or require the Material Datasheet?
If you are not sure if this Polyester tape is right for your individual requirements, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly sales team and we will be happy to help you.
|Adhesion||-PSMA DST - 1||(20 minute & 24 hour dwell)|
|Tensile Strength||-PSMA DST - 5||(5mm x 100mm Test Area)|
|Elongation||-PSMA DST - 5||(5mm x 100mm Test Area)|
|Shear||-PSMA DST - 2||(1 kg)|
|Application temperature||-||°C||+10 - +23|
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT) is only: £4.99
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is only: £5.99
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If in the unfortunate event that your goods are damaged in transit - or are accepted by PSA Solutions as being faulty due to factors beyond our control - you will be advised to return such goods and a full refund may be offered should you not require replacement goods being dispatched to you. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. It is your responsibility to check the goods in the presence of the courier, and if required note when signing that goods have been damaged. Alternatively just a signature will confirm that goods have been received in good order and that thereafter refunds may not be considered. Please contact us if you do experience any difficulties and we will try our best to help you.
Product questions for our: 500mm x 50 Metre Anti Shatter Mirror Backing Tape (A different size of this product)
- What is the application process for this tape? Do I need any special tools? - Keith
- Hello, and thank you for your enquiry. You don’t need any special tools to apply the tape, the product is self-wound in the same manner as packaging tape / Sellotape - Matt, Product Support Manager