The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
PSA1300A, is a 6mm x 55 Metre flexible temperature resistant fine line masking tape. This tape is specially developed for multi-colour paint applications of plastic parts such as automotive bumpers.
This fineline tape is ideal for: custom painting, straight line painting, delicate masking or precision masking or getting a sharp paint line when masking out for a two-tone effect.
Our fine line masking tape allows you to identify when you are drifting off the boundary area as you apply it. This helps you to make any adjustments as you are marking the area to be painted. This helps to prevent you - or your operators - from drifting into an area that you are not refinishing.
With other cheaper versions, this may not be noticeable until you take the masking tape off the panel.
This fine line masking tape is very thin, conforms to dimensional changes during oven drying, does not shrink or lift-off, and does not leave a residue after removal.
Alongside this, the flexibility of the backing material allows good conformance to multi-dimensional surfaces.
The carrier on this masking tape is a: 0.12mm Orange pre-heat treated PVC co-polymer.
This tapes adhesive is a high temperature resistant rubber adhesive.
This tape is ideal for Car Multi-colour paint applications, plastic parts (bumpers etc…), and multi-colour paint applications.
Please bare in mind this tape is not recommended for outdoor use.
Surface preparation information
This masking tape should be ideally applied between +15°C and +30°C, and the surface must be clean and free from dust and grease.
This pressure sensitive adhesive tape must be applied with pressure in order to achieve maximum hold, and the indicated level of performance will be reached after a bonding period of 24 hours.
Storage and self life information
This painting tape should be ideally kept in a: clean, dry and well-ventilated area - preferably at room temperature between 10°C and 30°C.
Stored under these conditions shelf life of this tape will be a minimum of 1 year.
Not sure if this masking tape is correct for your requirements or require the Material Safety Data Sheet?
If you require the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for these automotive tapes, or if you are not sure if they are right for your requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to send it to you and advise you on your options.
Surface preparation is paramount for achieving the required bond when using this pressure sensitive adhesive. Read our Surface Preparation and Application Guide for more information.
|Technical description||Technical value|
|Adhesion to steel||8.5 N/25mm|
|Tensile strength||62.5 N/25mm 62.5|
|Temperature resistance (Long term)||150°C|
|Temperature resistance (Short term)||180°C|
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT) is only: £4.99
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is only: £5.99
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If in the unfortunate event that your goods are damaged in transit - or are accepted by PSA Solutions as being faulty due to factors beyond our control - you will be advised to return such goods and a full refund may be offered should you not require replacement goods being dispatched to you. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. It is your responsibility to check the goods in the presence of the courier, and if required note when signing that goods have been damaged. Alternatively just a signature will confirm that goods have been received in good order and that thereafter refunds may not be considered. Please contact us if you do experience any difficulties and we will try our best to help you.
- Hi, I'm looking for a fine line tape to use with resin (that's suitable up to 120 degrees) I'm looking to get both 3mm and 6mm, will this product cope with high temperatures? Many Thanks Danni
- Hi Danni, the working temperature of this tape is 150 – 180°C so it should be fine for your application Danni - Ian Product Support Manager
- Is this tape suitable for masking the grouting between wall tiles? I would like to paint soe rather old fashioned tiles. Thank you, Sue
- Hi Sue Thankyou for this enquiry. The fine line masking tapes are normally used in Automotive applications and so used on high energy surfaces such as metal. I would therefore recommend trying the product for this application but would not be able to advise on its suitability - Ian, Product Support Manager
- Can I use Fine Line Masking Tape to re-apply plastic crome car badges to the rear of my car ? - James
- Hi James, no you will need the automotive grade double sided foam tape, try this link - Ian, Product Support Manager