The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Specialists in Adhesive Tapes & Glues
Our PSAB2002 Bondloc Aluminium Epoxy Putty Stick is a hand kneadable, specialty Epoxy Putty that mixes in one minute to provide fast, permanent repairs to most Aluminium surfaces.
When applying to surfaces it is necessary to work the material forcefully into the surface and apply pressure until adhesion begins to take effect, please note: the lower the temperature the longer it takes to cure.
This epoxy comes in a handy rod form with the curing agent encapsulated in the contrasting colour base material, and its putty-like consistency eliminates drips and runs, providing “no mess” application with no tools required to use.
This Aluminium epoxy stick after proper mixing, moulds like clay and may be used to permanently patch dents, scratches, cuts, gouges and holes in Aluminium surfaces.
It is ideal for making emergency repairs, and the unused portion will remain stable for years if protected from direct contact with the air, and in cool conditions.
Instructions for use
In order to achieve optimum adhesion, the surface you are applying this epoxy to should be cleaned free of grease or dirt. Scuffing or sanding the surface prior to cleaning will also help to ensure a good bond.
|Chemical resistance||Hydrocarbons, Ketones, esters, halo-carbons, alcohols, aqueous salt solutions, dilute acids and bases|
|Electrical resistance||30,000 mega Ohms|
|Dielectric strength (steel)||300 Volts/mil|
|Initial cure||1 hour|
|Full cure time||24 hours|
|Lap shear strength (steel)||4.8 N/mm(2)|
|Shore D Hardness||75|
|Compressive strength||84N/mm(2) - 12,000 psi|
Health & Safety Information
This adhesive contains epoxy resin and may cause skin irritation in sensitive individuals. Unnecessary skin contact should therefore be avoided. If skin contact occurs, wash with a proprietary hand cleaner, followed by washing with soap and water.
In case of eye contact, flush with clean water for at least 15 minutes, and then seek medical attention. When fully cured, the product can be considered non-toxic. Always keep this adhesive away from foodstuffs and food utensils.
Store in cool conditions, preferably away from direct sunlight or excessive heat. Shelf life at least 24 months @ 24°C.
Not sure if this Aluminium epoxy is right for you?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is right for your individual requirements please do not hesitate to Contact our friendly sales team and we will be happy to help you.
Do you require a Certificate of Conformance and traceability?
If you require a Certificate of Conformance, please contact us after ordering (either by phone or email) and we will get this sent out to you with your order.
PSA Solutions offers the following shipping options:
- Mainland UK shipping for orders over £30 (excluding VAT) is free
- Mainland UK shipping for orders under £30 (excluding VAT) is only: £5.99
- Signed for - up to 3 working days is from only: £5.99
- Next day delivery - when ordered before 12pm is from only: £11.99
- Using your own carrier - your items will usually be available for collection after 48 working hours, simply contact us with your collection date
- Europe starts from only: £22.20
- US, China, Middle East & South East Asia only: £43.78
- Rest of the world from only: £61.58
If in the unfortunate event that your goods are damaged in transit - or are accepted by PSA Solutions as being faulty due to factors beyond our control - you will be advised to return such goods and a full refund may be offered should you not require replacement goods being dispatched to you. PSA Solutions reserve the right to apply charges for handling and transit on such occasions. It is your responsibility to check the goods in the presence of the courier, and if required note when signing that goods have been damaged. Alternatively just a signature will confirm that goods have been received in good order and that thereafter refunds may not be considered. Please contact us if you do experience any difficulties and we will try our best to help you.
Product questions for our: 50g Bondloc Aqua Underwater-Reinforced Repair Epoxy Putty Stick (A different size of this product)
- Require a tape to fix a leaking lead water outlet on a balcony - Gary
- Good morning Gary, thank-you for your enquiry. This is the putty we would recommend - Matt, Product Support Manager
- Recently a couple of the S/S stantions on my boat were damaged in a storm. The S/S fixing screws (not bolts) have pulled out from the timber rail that is encapsulated within the fibreglass decking. Would your B2007 Structural Adhesive Aqua Epoxy Putty be suitable to fill the existing damaged screw holes, drill pilot holes and reinsert the screws? - Don
- Hi Don, Thank-you for your enquiry. I would recommend this product for your application. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further help or information. Best Regards - Matt, Product Support Manager
- Will this epoxy fix a crack in a concrete water feature bowl ? Also can it be over painted ? - Ken
- Good Morning Ken, and thank you for your enquiry. The Aqua putty can be used to seal the crack, providing there is no more movement in the main concrete structure itself. You will be able to paint over the product once it has hardened off - Ian, Product Support Manager